• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PoksterG

PoksterG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:27 PM

My SATA chipset is onboard Dell... 82801GR/GH ICH7.

I've never had any issues flashing my Samsing ms25. But my PC does not seem to fully recognize my Hitachi 0059dj in ModeB. I am able to get the drive letter F assigned to the drive, but on running FLASH23S.BAT F 1971 (from Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth), I get the following:

================================
Making BACKUP of your DRIVE KEY...

Dumping CURRENT firmware...

Detecting VERSION of drive...

---------- WAS.BIN

---------- WAS.BIN

---------- WAS.BIN

ERROR: Hitachi drive build was NOT detected!

WARNING: One of THREE things could be wrong!

#1: Check to see if your drive is in Windows
#2: Make sure you are using the right letter
#3: Your x360 drive is not a working version
=================================

The "X23S-1971" folder winds up with a 1KB key.bin and a 256KB was.bin file and that is it.

One peculiar thing, when I boot up using the Slax 2.0 alpha1 CD, I get a blank screen unless I wait to connect the SATA cable to the Hitachi until after I see the SLAX logo. The PC Slax CD whirs for a little bit and then freezes. It doesn't seem like it has worked, but upon closing the Hitachi drive, it always opens up which I assume indicates ModeB.

Another peculiar thing, if I boot my PC (Slax CD taken out) with the Hitachi connected (in ModeB) it always freezes. However if I wait to connect the Hitachi until 5 seconds after reboot, Windows loads just fine and the Hitachi has drive letter F assigned to it.

My conclusion is that my SATA chipset is not compatible with the 0059dj, but if that's the case why does it get assigned a drive letter at all?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by PoksterG, 11 November 2006 - 06:45 PM.

#2 crackhbob

crackhbob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

I recently did a 59dj and used the wire trick method because of my chipset not being supported... Windows recognized the drive twice, but by the time I got to dos, it was gone. A couple other times it wouldn't be seen in Windows, after doing the process about 6 times, it finally stayed in Windows and I did it fast enough that it flashed without any problems.

#3 PoksterG

PoksterG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:12 PM

Honestly, the wire trick is somewhat of a last resort for me. But would it even be necessary? Is there such a thing as a partial ModeB (since my Slax method freezes)? I just figured that since the drive does eject repeatedly and it does get recognized by Windows that the Hitachi is in ModeB.

Anyway, I have tried:

Hotswapping Samsung to Hitachi (no drive letter and PC freezes on shutdown)
Hotswapping Samsung to Hitachi in ModeB (no drive letter and PC freezes on shutdown)

Something about that Hitachi in ModeB makes my PC act a little shaky.

#4 PoksterG

PoksterG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(PoksterG @ Nov 11 2006, 07:19 PM) View Post

Hotswapping Samsung to Hitachi in ModeB (no drive letter and PC freezes on shutdown)

Hotswapping in ModeB was just an experiment. And I meant to say that after hotswapping, the drive letter remains, but running flash23s.bat f xxxx yields no activity at all in dos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users