Photo

Mtkflash Doesn't Find Tsh943 After Update.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewSM

AndrewSM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hi people.

I have updated to the newest Xbox Live update, my TS-H943 is still working, but has Xtreme firmware 1.00. I was trying to update to 4.2B, but unfortunatelly my SATA Controller (with VIA6421L chip) cannot find it anymore. I did exactly same procedure as with 1.00 (disconnect pc drives, disable IDE, disable onboard ATA, boot pc to dos and then plug xbox dvd drive in...), but it still says "No drive found". Do you think it might be caused by Live update?

I really need to update, because sometimes I have to open/close dvd drive 10 times before it finds security sector and boot a game and this has been fixed in newer firmwares. And there are many more reasons to update.

Please could anyone help me?

#2 lilsizfly

lilsizfly

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:09 PM

im having a similar problem to you but i have not flashed mine yet...i have the same chipset sata card as you and ive tried every procedure and mtkflash still wont find my drive sad.gif good luck

#3 AndrewSM

AndrewSM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

Do you have latest Live update or not?

#4 AndrewSM

AndrewSM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:49 PM

Great success!

First I tried another floppy, but it did not work. Since my MB doesn't support booting from USB (it was properly done, flashstick booted in my NB) I tried to flash it in another PC. And it worked! I have working X360 with fw 4.2A now and I am very happy about it. Thanks for trying me help, VIA6421L FTW biggrin.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users