• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wy125

wy125

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 03:26 PM

There seems to be quite a bit of information here but I still have a lot of questions. Most of the topics are a bit more advanced than what I'm looking for.

I just ordered a mod chip (xodus), but I'm not going to do anything with it until I fully understand what to do. Is there a primer somewhere that I can read? Something rather basic. All of the tutorials I've seen assume that you've already got a lot of understanding.

Thanks for the help.

#2 SeaBass

SeaBass

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 04:51 PM

Check with the place where you ordered the chip. They should have a tutorial on how to install the chip.

If not, you may want to have someone install it for you. Reason being is that I've seen a lot of posts from people who have killed their xbox trying a mod.

Something to think about.

SeaBass

#3 wy125

wy125

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 07:21 PM

Thanks. I'm not too worried about getting the chip installed because I'm assuming that instructions will be shipped with it. However, I'm concerned about what to do afterwards. I'm talking basic stuff like, what does the bios do. How to install a bios. Which bioses have what features. Stuff like that.

thanks.

#4 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 September 2002 - 06:45 AM

you shouldn't have any problems installing the xodus, it's supposed to be a no solder chip i thought. am i wrong??

#5 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 September 2002 - 12:33 PM

Ok,As long as it can do the hard drive upgrade you will be fine and if not you are screwed biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users