• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 daveyskills

daveyskills

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

Ok I have a Hitachi 47DJ, I followed the adamscybot guide word for word. The xbox has the fall dash update on it. All seemed to be going well, too well. The drive appeared to flash as described in the guide. Then I reassembled the xbox and turned it on, and tried to play the copy og THP8 which works on my friends 360 and not mine, i got an unrecognised disk error . I then tried to play an original copy of pgr and i got the exact same outcome. Please can someone reply I am in dire need of some expert help.

Thanks
Replies will be muchly appreciated

#2 Kramer987

Kramer987

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:i love to mod :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:39 PM

the problem is that you did not flash with the latest garyopa package. you probably flashed with a pre-mediacheck implemented package. tell us what you flashed with and we can help you from there.

#3 daveyskills

daveyskills

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:43 PM

i used this exact firmware:

Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth_Rev2

downloaded from the usual places

#4 Kramer987

Kramer987

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

oh i misread. you said an original of PGR. well it sounds like you didnt flash successfully then. i would restore, and reflash. make sure you use the revised bats as i think the 47 is one of the problematic drives.

oh nevermind. you did use the rev2. well i dunno. just try to reflash. restore once, then reflash. if still doesnt work then you will need to try one of those plastic piece mods for the hitachi drives. make sure you plugged your dvd drive back in btw after you reassmble it. people tend to forget that.

Edited by Kramer987, 14 November 2006 - 05:48 PM.

#5 adamscybot

adamscybot

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

Hi. Its me the guide creator.

Yes thats the latest version. This is a problem which is really hard to fiagnose. It oculd mean pot tweaking. But then again maybe not.

At the bottom of the guide read the FAQ I have a question like this in there.

This seems like a bad flash since the oriignals dont work. Go abck to original and try again or maybe ona different PC.

#6 daveyskills

daveyskills

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:48 PM

ok, thanks for the reply, I will now try to do as you said, what is this plastic piece mod ? links would be appreciated.

Davey

#7 Kramer987

Kramer987

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:51 PM

first try to reflash. make sure after you are finished flashing that you have the dvd drive plugged into your 360 mobo! like i said, sometimes people forget that part.

if none of this works then we can move onto the plastic piece fix. but that is unlikely to fix this since that is for open tray errors.

#8 daveyskills

daveyskills

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:36 PM

well i just tried restoring it to its original firmware, then re-flashing it with the garyopa firmware...which fialed again. I know that the flashing process works on my pc because i updated my friends firmware just after trying to do mine.

also, after i tried re-flashing it, i restored it again, to see if it would play origianal copies, and it wouldnt read it.

does this mean that my xbox is teh fuxorz?

thanks

also, i printed off your guide adamscybot and used it during the flashing process, couldnt find and FAQs to help me out in my situation sad.gif

Edited by daveyskills, 14 November 2006 - 06:38 PM.

#9 Kramer987

Kramer987

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:50 PM

if it is recognized in windows than it can be saved.

#10 daveyskills

daveyskills

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

well it can still be recognised by windows, care to share how it can be saved please laugh.gif

#11 daveyskills

daveyskills

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:48 PM

i've just noticed that instead of saying unrecognised or unreadable disc...my xbox actually says unplayable disc

just incase this makes any difference to the situation that i'm in

#12 Noobie Doo

Noobie Doo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:27 AM

The sane happened to me a couple of days ago, i have same model as davey, and i installed latest hitachi firmware it all went smooth but i cannot play anything but arcade n demos. Anyone help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users