• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

Nyko Addresses Xbox 360 Intercooler Problems
Posted by XanTium | November 14 16:22 EST

From gamepro.com:

Because the fan peripheral saps its power directly from the Xbox 360, there have been concerns that the Intercooler 360 could cause damage to the console. Recent posts on some gadget blogs have shown Intercoolers discoloring and, in some cases, breaking Xbox 360s. Outside of images and testimonials, however, it's not known how many units could be affected.

Nyko notes that "a small percentage of all products suffer from defects," and that the Intercooler 360 is "less than half the average for consumer electronics products." Nyko is also pledging to replace damaged Intercooler 360s, as well as Xbox 360 consoles, "upon first-hand verification that the Intercooler 360 caused the system to fail."

The Intercooler 360 ($24.99) has shipped over 500,000 units, according to Nyko.

Read More: gamepro.com

#2 poisonousjuice

poisonousjuice

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

Mine had been running fine for months but with concerns of it melting my 360 I took it off... perhaps I'll snap that sucker back on now if Nyko will really replace the 360. Especially since my warranty has long been voided wink.gif

#3 parat8t9

parat8t9

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:43 PM

DO NOT USE INTERCOOLER!

I've seen pictures of people's systems burning out... mine didn't but it did rip out one of the pins on my motherboard where it plugs in.

Now I NEED to have the nyko plugged in or my xbox won't boot cause the piece is stuck in the piece of shit.

I also occasionaly get random shut offs and frags.

THANKS INTERCOOLER

I bought your product to extend the life of my 360, not shorten it.

Just wait for MS to come out with a product. Atleast you know if their product screw up your system you can probably get it repaired for free.

I give 2 big middle fingers to intercooler... go fuck yourself and replace my xbox. grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif

#4 xboxexpert

xboxexpert

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:49 PM

Sweet....A Overheating 360 needs a band-aid, the intercooler, yet it needs a band-aid too. When will people learn....spend the extra money to beta test your products to the fullest extent...

rolleyes.gif

P.S - If you add a flux capacitor in between the 360 and the Intercooler it creates a mass flow of power that will bypass burning out the Intercooler in turn turbo charging your 360...Expanding its life.

#5 tnbigdawg

tnbigdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:54 PM

I'm starting to hear this line more often: "a small percentage of all products suffer from defects".

They were all built the same, and passed the same quality inspection before shipping. Thus meaning if one has a defect, chances are others have the same defect which will pop up sooner or later. I think they should recall the entire line as it poses a fire hazzard.

That's just my opinion. I'm ready for the flame to begin.........

#6 poisonousjuice

poisonousjuice

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(parat8t9 @ Nov 14 2006, 09:50 PM) View Post

Just wait for MS to come out with a product. Atleast you know if their product screw up your system you can probably get it repaired for free.

I would be shocked if M$ released an official Xbox360 cooler. That would be admitting the system runs hot and requires a cooling solution.

I am interested in seeing if the Cooler King provides good cooling and appears to be USB powered, however, I can't find where to buy the stupid thing!

#7 xboxexpert

xboxexpert

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(poisonousjuice @ Nov 14 2006, 04:02 PM) View Post

the Cooler King provides good cooling and appears to be USB powered

USB Power is MAX 5v so I cant see fans running at 5v doing much of anything.

#8 quore

quore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:15 PM

Have there been any reports of issues with the Pelican fan stand? That is what I have. I decided to get it instead of the Nyko because of seeing posts and pictures of the Nyko burning up. This was a couple months ago.

#9 poisonousjuice

poisonousjuice

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(xboxexpert @ Nov 14 2006, 10:04 PM) View Post

USB Power is MAX 5v so I cant see fans running at 5v doing much of anything.

That's a bummer. The thing appeared to add extra USB ports and VGA out.

#10 shotgunsteve

shotgunsteve

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:23 PM

Well my intercooler just broke and doesn't work anymore. What a crappy product...

#11 Trex666

Trex666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Trance/Gothic/Metal music, Linux, XBMC, Blackbox, Last.fm, Foobar, UIX, XDSL, Xecuter
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(xboxexpert @ Nov 14 2006, 08:56 PM) View Post

Sweet....A Overheating 360 needs a band-aid, the intercooler, yet it needs a band-aid too. When will people learn....spend the extra money to beta test your products to the fullest extent...
rolleyes.gif

P.S - If you add a flux capacitor in between the 360 and the Intercooler it creates a mass flow of power that will bypass burning out the Intercooler in turn turbo charging your 360...Expanding its life.

Wana go "Back to the future"?

#12 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

I'm starting to hear this line more often: "a small percentage of all products suffer from defects".

It's the only way to avoid a law suite, or full product recall. Well MS tried to get away with it's stupid 3-5% claim and even it had to give in.

I'm glad to see them replacing 360's and PS3's.

Oh wait, did I read something about them doing a intercooler for your $500-$600 PS3?

#13 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:57 AM

The only problem I had when using my Intercooler over the past few months was the Hardware Error 66 on first boot-up about 50% of the time. The 360 would always then boot correctly by turning it off and on again.

After reading about the burns, I took my intercooler off for good - also because I got the 2 year MS extended warranty for $50 and so I am protected if the unit fails due to heat now.

#14 EvilBox

EvilBox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:01 AM

Does the pelican fan stand is sucking or blowing air to the 360 ?
I have all I need to make one at home...

#15 youloseagain

youloseagain

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:27 PM

Just make sure not to cross the streams. laugh.gif

They were all built the same, and passed the same quality inspection before shipping. Thus meaning if one has a defect, chances are others have the same defect which will pop up sooner or later. I think they should recall the entire line as it poses a fire hazzard.

That's just my opinion. I'm ready for the flame to begin.........

You made rational logical sense. No need to flame. Well said!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users