• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NOFX420

NOFX420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:33 AM

Hey guys I know everyone hates to Answer the same questions for newbs over and over again so i'm not going to ask the general "How do I play burned backups on my 360?" but what i am going to ask is what exactly equipment wise do I need to mod a 360, for example do you recomend a modchip or is dvd flashing the way to go? does it matter if you have the core or premium (I havent bought my 360 yet) do you have to buy a certain drive? If there IS a tutorial with all these FAQS could you kindly point me in that direction and you can delete this post otherwise I would greatly appreciate your help becuase I just want to get all the equipment I need so I can start cramming all the tutorials in my head and won't have to bug you guys biggrin.gif Thanks.

#2 Drunkn_Munky

Drunkn_Munky

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:57 AM

If you just looked at the stickies on the DVD firmware forum you'd find:

Releases, Tuturial And Guides
Important links (where to download, buy, etc.)

I personally recommend reading notebook's tutorial and watching his video. If you're still dumbstruck after that, pay someone else to do it.

#3 NOFX420

NOFX420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for the reply. I am not at all asking how to do anything i am ready to read all the tutorials on flashing once I get a 360 which is what my question is about all i'm asking is what is the necessary equipment I need to flash and play backups and what kind of 360 do i need to do that.. for example can I buy a new one from the store or do I have to go to ebay and buy one that was manufactured before august or whatever? and my burner is a Pioneer DVR-107D will that suffice i read somthing about a special burner or does it matter?

Oh ya I read those stickies and it doesn't really answer my quesion.

Edited by NOFX420, 15 November 2006 - 08:27 PM.

#4 Stigmatica

Stigmatica

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:56 AM

alot of these tutorials are quite old. you dont need to do the hex stuff for flashing, the newest commodore firmware has a program that creates the keys itself.

#5 NOFX420

NOFX420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:34 AM

Well i'm not at that stage yet I still have to figure out what equipment i need... once u guys tell me exactly wut i need (I dont want to spend all this money to find out i didn't need to or i bought the wrong thing) then I can press the order button then I can start on the fun stuff rolleyes.gif

#6 Drunkn_Munky

Drunkn_Munky

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

Notebook's tutorial isn't old at all. The tutorials tell you what you need. The links tell you where to buy it.

and only the TS M25 can use X360SAM AFAIK, so the others will need hex editing.

#7 NOFX420

NOFX420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:39 PM

Ok seriously... how hard is it to answer the simple question this is ridiculous i'm not asking to be spoonfed. Here i'll even set up the quesions so u can give a simple yes or no answer too if u are lazy.

1. Does it matter if I buy a new 360 as opposed to getting one that was made before august? yes or no
(P.S. I only want to flash no mod chip)

2. Do I need any other hardware to flash besides a computer with SATA connector? yes or no

#8 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(NOFX420 @ Nov 16 2006, 10:46 PM) View Post

Ok seriously... how hard is it to answer the simple question this is ridiculous i'm not asking to be spoonfed. Here i'll even set up the quesions so u can give a simple yes or no answer too if u are lazy.

1. Does it matter if I buy a new 360 as opposed to getting one that was made before august? yes or no
(P.S. I only want to flash no mod chip)

2. Do I need any other hardware to flash besides a computer with SATA connector? yes or no

1: yes it might matter
2: no you don't if your chipset is compatible

Now can you answer two simple yes or no questions for me:

1: did you purposely post this in the modchip section even though it might suited better in the newbie section? yes or no

2: do you always ask such basic questions and ignore people giving advise and trying to get you to do some minor basic reading yourself? yes or no

p.s. why would x360sam not work on ms28 firmwares? works fine here

#9 NOFX420

NOFX420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:40 AM

Good questions krazie...

First question... I would like to explain instead of yes or no if I may.. I actually did consider the newbie section but it did not say that it had anything to do with 360 Hacking which this one did and that was what my question was about, Hey wudya know!, so ya that was my logic.

Second question... yes I do always ask basic questions... on this board... because for whatever reason people seem to be a tad bit lazy. Of course my own oppinion!

P.S. I may be new to this board but I am more than a regular on many others so I do know what is to be expected.

Oh and I think u might need to do some basic minor reading before u suggest so for me because for one I thanked Monkey for his reply and second I did read the tuts he seggested and they did not seem to answer my question which I also stated!

Oh I also thank you for your input and for my first question I just wanna know if I happen to get a new 360 with new drive can I still successfully backup my games with is flashed? when I get that answered then I will be able to go and get me a 360 and you will not likely see me again cuz I will read the tuts and figure it out myself.

Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users