• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JFSX

JFSX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Games(duurr) tv computer ,metallica,Shadows fall and whatnot, anime. thats about it
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:05 AM

Well when I change the skin in UX it does change but then when I reset from a game or reboot the box it goes back to the default skin. Oh and I did try to search this but all I got was an error message.

EDIT:I'm Sorry, I Found My problem please lock or delete.

Edited by JFSX, 16 November 2006 - 01:15 AM.

#2 tbmobb420

tbmobb420

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:06 AM

[font=Tahoma][size=5]I just upgraded my xbox to the new v39 222a dashboard and I got the same thing.

#3 losttheplot

losttheplot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:18 PM

wait,

I have this problem, I know you have to press A twice, (1st to view and second to save), even after that, when I restart my xbox, the skin goes to default.

why?

#4 007bond

007bond

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:28 AM

odds are it's not writing to the config.xml file.
Try manually editing that.

#5 losttheplot

losttheplot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:46 PM

eeeeeek

How do I do that? what do I write?

Someone shoot me now.

#6 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

Honestly I get tired of answering that question when its in the pinned FAQ of the main Unleashx forum

Pinned:: V0.39 And Older Faq
FAQs about unleash updated 19th Feb 2006

in this post in it
http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=3244068

#7 KAZZNORE

KAZZNORE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(JFSX @ Nov 16 2006, 01:05 AM) View Post

Well when I change the skin in UX it does change but then when I reset from a game or reboot the box it goes back to the default skin. Oh and I did try to search this but all I got was an error message.

EDIT:I'm Sorry, I Found My problem please lock or delete.

Pres the START button instead of the A button when selecting SKINS it worked for me.

#8 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

I know this is an old thread but I've had the same problem and finding the solution here is not quite as easy as stated.

I'd tried every combination of single and double click possible using the Start and/or A button to save the new skin I wanted. On reboot the default skin kept returning.

Only when I Googled about the problem did I find that ^ link even though I thought I had searched the forums. I'd even posted about it in the Newbie section and not even the more senior members who replied could help or direct me to the solution.

It is 'just' a matter of selecting the skin you want, double clicking on A may be necessary. Then you need to go to the Config.xml file on the C: drive, check the path to the skin you want is there and then delete the path to the default skin that you'll see hasn't been overwritten. If its there it seems to take precedence. Reboot and voila - new skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users