• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:03 AM

well we are still 27 real hours to release of the PS3

and in my own little town, we already have 70 people lined up in walmart
I phoned my local target and spoke to the electronics dept, they have 8 premium consoles
in stock, and 8 people in line already, she was uncertain about the number of non premium consoles
regardless, target closes its doors at 10pm and opens at 8 am so th ese folks are gonna be in the parking lot with rain forecast for tonight, I hope it is worth it for them.

#2 silentbob343

silentbob343

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(smokingmods @ Nov 15 2006, 09:10 PM) View Post

well we are still 27 real hours to release of the PS3

and in my own little town, we already have 70 people lined up in walmart
I phoned my local target and spoke to the electronics dept, they have 8 premium consoles
in stock, and 8 people in line already, she was uncertain about the number of non premium consoles
regardless, target closes its doors at 10pm and opens at 8 am so th ese folks are gonna be in the parking lot with rain forecast for tonight, I hope it is worth it for them.

If all goes as planned I will be playing RFOM tomorrow biggrin.gif

#3 VinnySem

VinnySem

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:53 PM

See you online @ 9AM cool.gif

#4 silentbob343

silentbob343

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(VinnySem @ Nov 16 2006, 08:00 AM) View Post

hehe, well first go around will be my brother. It is his PS3 afterall laugh.gif

#5 smokingmods

smokingmods

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:35 AM

well a quick survey of local retailers gives the following results

walmart 16 consoles delivered....12 premium 4 cheapo's
target 12 consoles delievered 8 premium 4 cheapo's

eb games,toys'rus, and best buy presale only and likely a lot of pissed off people when
they discover that they presold 100 consoles and got 12, man tomorrow morning is gonna BE UGLY

#6 Psykomantis00

Psykomantis00

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(smokingmods @ Nov 17 2006, 03:42 AM) View Post

well a quick survey of local retailers gives the following results
walmart 16 consoles delivered....12 premium 4 cheapo's
target 12 consoles delievered 8 premium 4 cheapo's

eb games,toys'rus, and best buy presale only and likely a lot of pissed off people when
they discover that they presold 100 consoles and got 12, man tomorrow morning is gonna BE UGLY

My walmart (the one I work at) had people lining up at 1pm sunday for the release. I took the playable ps3 out and went up to the line and was pretending that since I worked there I got mine first. Man were they pissed. After I told them I was joking, I asked how many people were really there for a ps3, and out of the 36 people we had at Midnight on sunday/monday morning 15 were going to be getting a ps3. Well... I had to break the news to them that we were only getting 12 units total, and 8 of those would be the cheaper model. On monday night, I was informed that due to the high demand (no shit) we wouldn't be getting 12 units. We would be getting 2... I laughed soo hard, and I argued with my manager to let me tell them so I could have the joy of pissing people off that camped inside a store for day's for no reason. Dont get me wrong, I camped in walmart for my 360, but I only waited 12 hours total, and got a premium. We ended up not telling them. So at midnight last night, I was off work, but I called to see how it went, and apparently there was a lot of dissapointment (durrrr) and a couple people started talking about smashing the case to steal the two demo units we have (the one we actually use overheats so much that unless someone ask's to play it, we leave it off).

In my opinion, the reason there were so little units all over the US is because Sony rushed the product to the shelves. Now in the next couple of day's we will hear stories about how the system is failing just like the 360 did, and I swear, if there are any ps3 owners dumb enough to copy us 360 owners and move the system while its on and then wonder why their game is ruined, Im going to shit my pants from laughing soo hard.

#7 silentbob343

silentbob343

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(VinnySem @ Nov 16 2006, 08:00 AM) View Post

Vinny get your ass online and play wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users