• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 givemetoro

givemetoro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:04 AM

Hi, I recently moved, and at my old place we had cable internet and it was very easy to set up internet to my 360 because the cable modem was right by my 360. Well at my new place I don't have internet and am using a wireless connection from my neighbor (Don't worry... I know him and we split the bill...) anyways, I have an old Netgear Wireless router (Model WGR614 v3) and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to configure it to receive a wireless signal rather than broadcast it...

In other words instead of it being a wireless router it would be like a wireless adaptor... I'm on a college budget and I thought if this was possible than it would save me ALOT of money...

Thank you and cheers!

Scott

#2 jzoz01

jzoz01

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:47 PM

Not with the netgear router as far as I know. The old (pre v. 5) Linksys WRG54 routers had an open source linux based firmware, that if reflashed with customer firmware could act as a wireless bridge. The forums at linksysinfo.com (i think that's the right address) have a ton of info on this as well as links to download firmware. These older routers can be had on ebay fairly cheap and are a lot less expensive than buying a wireless gaming adapter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users