llsTixll

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:58 AM

I could get more accurate information from a psychic hotline.

Edited by llsTixll, 17 November 2006 - 06:59 AM.

#17 unclepauly

unclepauly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:00 AM

Once people start realizing the 360 has better gfx, and that japanese rpg's are gay, the ps3 will be looked upon as an underachiever. It's a good thing that it is out now. Now people will witness firsthand the mediocreness that is the ps3.

Edited by unclepauly, 17 November 2006 - 07:02 AM.

#18 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(unclepauly @ Nov 17 2006, 07:07 AM) View Post

and that japanese rpg's are gay
*offers unclepauly a flame shield and takes cover himself*

Good luck, you are going to need it.

#19 VancityPimP

VancityPimP

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:39 AM

As long as PS3 has such franchises as Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX, which they do, Sony already won Japan. Xbox needs more than just Halo and Gears of War to compete with PS3s big hitters. Wii is basically a Fad for now, just like N64 was when it first came out.

#20 acdreign

acdreign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(VancityPimP @ Nov 17 2006, 03:46 AM) View Post

Wii is basically a Fad for now, just like N64 was when it first came out.

I beg to differ. The N64 used extremely outdated cartridge technology that was expensive to manufacture. This led to less profitability for the game designers. The Wii's lack of "HD" can also be looked at as using 'outdated' technology, but how many people own HDTV's right now? What percentage of people plan on throwing at least a thousand dollars at a tv in the near future?

The whole "all games must be in HDTV" argument is targeted at 1) the rich/spoiled and 2) the hardcore gamers. Believe it or not, hardcore gamers are FAR outnumbered by casual gamers. The Wii is not about fancy graphics and outshinning the graphics of the competition... it's about making games that are *gasp* FUN. Games that you're mom will play. Games that are inovative.

I dont' know about you, but I'm finding it hard to get excited about games these days. Sure they look prettier. Sure they sound prettier. Sure they may have known actors doing the voice overs for the FMVs. But none of that actually adds to the core of the gameplay... you know, that thing that makes me want to play games?

To me, the ps3 is a budget blueray player more than a game console (hence the current < 1.0 game attachment ratio). The Xbox 360 is an HD game console first, and an HD movie player second. And the Nintendo Wii is, at the expensive of everything else, a FUN game console that everyone can enjoy.

</end rant>

#21 BasicAir

BasicAir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Everything.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

This is the most idiotic analyst news item I've seen yet for these next-gen consoles.

Come on.... PS3 selling TWICE AS MANY consoles as the 360? Hahahahaha....

We have a Merrill Lynch Japan analyst predicting the 360 will dominate in the next 5 years then a couple days later we have this boneheaded idiot, probably in retaliation, coming out with completely different results and with the most obscene prediction numbers I've ever seen.

Now I know why we can't be analysts, guys -- Because we're too smart for the position. rolleyes.gif

#22 dinzy

dinzy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(llsTixll @ Nov 17 2006, 07:05 AM) View Post

I could get more accurate information from a psychic hotline.

Did anyone notice that these numbers are almost exactly the same as current gen machines only a little higher? I bet they used those as a starting point for this "calculation"

#23 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:40 AM

This report is complete bogus, the results just don't make sense and even Nintendo's console is incorrect.

Oh, and my personal psychic was of no help and has never even heard of the wii...

#24 biabia8659

biabia8659

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:51 AM

Strategy Analytics provides morons with competitive and market intelligence that develops your product and marketing strategies leading to unsuccessful business development. Focusing on practice areas (Wireless, Digital Consumer, Automotive and Strategic Technologies).

Sony PS3 121.8
Microsoft Xbox 360 59.7
Nintendo Revolution 23.3

These figures come from a report by Strategy Analytics, and should, as with all analyst reports, be taken with a grain of salt. A verry tiny grain.

Revolution huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users