Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:06 AM

I liked the display, gameplay, visuals and controls. but the story/hole game was pretty short if you ask me man, what ever happened to "content" when i bought my 360 i said i was getting it just for GOW since nothin else made me say WOW, but a year after launch kinda late release and now the game is way to short? and with the ending lame leaves way to much un answered, PREY did this to and i thought that was short to, COD2 was also short, this makes 3 games i paid to much money for little entertainment. HALO2 that was a great game much longer way more story sure it also left us hanging but atleast we got our feet wet in a story instead of a cool mist...

i dunno but i kinda want answers like the story was just hard to follow. but don't get me wrong i enjoyed the unfinished product to it's fullest just that spent 6 hours in story mode...

#2 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:18 AM

the story, admittedly, is much too short and unexplained.

few details are given and there is a general 'i hope they explain more in the sequel' feeling.

but there is definatley enough content to warrant the price.

cod2, short? really? I though veteran was sufficiently long. it took some paitence and effort to get through/

prey was too short.... got that one right.

#3 foaley77

foaley77

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

What happens at the end of the game as my xbox locked up just after I killed Raam and I cant be bothered doing it again.

#4 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:13 PM

yeah i suppose GOW is short. but when it that freaking good i can happily play through the entire game time and time again. and so far in the history of games the only other game i could do that with was resident evil 4.

playing co-op is phenomenal, so much so that my mate who hates shooters is really into it. it's a shame i cant so much as play on live because it wont let me but I'm sure that's OK too smile.gif

oh and foaley..

**SPOILER**

Marcus sets the lightmass bomb, then there's an epic sort of get into the helicopter before the train falls off the bridge moment. the lighmass missiles go into the tunnels and wipe out the locust. The Sergeant dude praises you for a bit then the locust say "weel wont stop until we win or we die, and were not dead yet"...basically.

fight him again, its worth it and he's not so hard.

Edited by grim_d, 20 November 2006 - 12:16 PM.

#5 soul-assassin

soul-assassin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(Casper1786 @ Nov 19 2006, 12:13 AM) View Post
this makes 3 games i paid to much money for little entertainment.

You must not be utilizing the multiplayer aspects of these games. Like Halo 2, that is where the true longevity is going to come from. As far as COD2 goes, the single player campaign on Veteran difficulty was plenty long enough. Haven't really played Prey though. And as much as Perfect Dark sucks, it'd be worth the 20 bucks it's going for now.

Also, judging by the games you listed it seems you really lean toward the FPS genre. Traditionally those aren't going to be the most story driven of games. You'd have to jump into some RPG's like Oblivion for the deep amount of content you're looking for.

#6 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:24 PM

59.99 is a decent price to pay for what you are getting. alot of people pay 10$ for one movie ticket thats 90 minutes and NOT interactive. heck some of the people i know spend a couple hundred bucks just going out to dinner.

#7 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:41 PM

true that it's hard to get a good content rich fps game, but we got plenty in Halo2, just that i was looking for more to the game or atleast less hinting like you already knew the story. on the topic of oblivian and other such RPGs i've always hated final fantasy games i have tried numerous times, just can't get into those, Fable tho I played the original through 3 times, and the lost chapters 2 more times, great game can't wait for number 2, oblivian well i'll just have to rent that one maybe

#8 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE(soul-assassin @ Nov 20 2006, 11:16 AM) View Post

You must not be utilizing the multiplayer aspects of these games. Like Halo 2, that is where the true longevity is going to come from. As far as COD2 goes, the single player campaign on Veteran difficulty was plenty long enough. Haven't really played Prey though. And as much as Perfect Dark sucks, it'd be worth the 20 bucks it's going for now.

Also, judging by the games you listed it seems you really lean toward the FPS genre. Traditionally those aren't going to be the most story driven of games. You'd have to jump into some RPG's like Oblivion for the deep amount of content you're looking for.

Oh I wasn't complainin bout halo2 online, that was great still playin that, COD2 online reminded me lots od SOCOM and felt over played quickly havn't tried GOW online, PREY that shit jus lagged

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users