#1 beckstd

beckstd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

Hi

Sent my xbox360 for modding.

However i want to burn some games till it comes back.
In the xbox its a hitatchi dvdrom (not0078) but im not sure wich type

I have two computers: one with a samsung (sh-w162c) and the otherone has nec (nd-3550a)

They both write dual layer -/+. 5x 6x and 8x depending.

So, can i use my excisting dvd-burners?
Wich brand of dvd's should i use?
Cd-clone for burning?
What speed?
Anything else?
uhh.gif

Thanks!!

Edited by beckstd, 19 November 2006 - 06:34 PM.

#2 bigd0991

bigd0991

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:12 PM

i have heard that sony media is good and cheep, but i use memorex and it seems to work fine, but if you really want to go out verbatim is the bestLINK. as for burning speeds asuming you know how to rip and merge the ss, 2x2.4 with clonecd is the one most people use and it should take about 35-45 mins

#3 beckstd

beckstd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:25 PM

Its gonna be verbatime dual layer. Is there any preferances wheter to choose + or -?

What about the acutal burner, any drives that does not work/works bad?

#4 qifanxi

qifanxi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

Hi beckstd,

Here are answers to your questions, in order:

There's a DVD+R DL media and burner compatibility thread. Look through it to see if anyone else has had any luck with the drives you own. If neither are listed, check out VideoHelp's DVD writer section. It has a list of DVD writers along with user ratings for general reliability of each drive. Choose the one that sounds better.

The general consensus in these boards is that Verbatim brand DVD media are the best. Considering the high cost of DVD+R DL media in general, I would go out of my way to obtain some Verbatim discs over locally-available brands to avoid making unnecessary coasters.

For burning software, I personally use Imgburn because it's both free and very feature-rich while being fast and small. It's slightly more complicated to use than CloneCD because you need to set layerbreak manually. If you don't think you can handle it, download a trial copy of CloneCD to do the dirty work for you. When making backups, don't forget to tell each program to change bitsetting to "DVD-ROM". This tricks the Xbox 360 into thinking that the disc is a printed DVD instead of a DVD+R DL.

Don't burn at a speed any higher than what your DVD writer and medium can support. DVD+R DL media is expensive, so start at 1X for your first backup and work your way up from there until you start making coasters.

Oh, and proof-read your posts before clicking "submit". More people will be inclined to help you if they don't have to work at deciphering your communiques.

EDIT: You *must* use DVD+R DL. DVD-R DL don't support bit-setting. I've heard that newer firmwares don't require backed up discs to be bit-set, but I'd play it safe and burn on DVD+R DL with proper bit-setting to ensure maximum compatibility.

Edited by qifanxi, 19 November 2006 - 07:30 PM.

#5 beckstd

beckstd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:54 PM

sorry for some bad sentences and language - but im from norway so my english is not perfect.
Im aware of the tutorials and guides, and most of them are very good. But theres just too many to read at one night.

Thanks for the help.
Its gonna be fun to try this out...

#6 qifanxi

qifanxi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(beckstd @ Nov 19 2006, 08:01 PM) View Post

sorry for some bad sentences and language - but im from norway so my english is not perfect.

That's okay. I understand that the majority of the internet is not very receptive to non-native English speakers. I'm just sick and tired of people who are native Anglophones and can't seem to put coherent sentences together. I probably shouldn't have been so hard on you anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users