5 replies to this topic

#1 Jordanimal

Jordanimal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:14 AM

Posted this on HM forums but this seems better smile.gif

Today I was reading an Xbx Scene thread about 360 ftp. Then I was thinking of the XNA developers kit thing. I found something maybe worth while

QUOTE("ms-help://MS.VSExpressCC.v80/MS.VSIPCC.v80/MS.XNAFX.1033/XNA/UsingXNA_DeployingXbox360.htm")

Firewall Interference with Xbox 360 Transport
In some cases, your firewall could be blocking communication between XNA Game Studio Express and the Xbox 360 console. Verify that the following conditions have been met:

The xnatrans.exe executable is unblocked on the computer.
Incoming communication for UDP ports 3825 and 3835 are not blocked.
Outgoing communication for UDP port 1000 is not blocked.
Outgoing communication for TCP port 1001 is not blocked.

Think something could be done ? The 360 is technically allowing ftp.

The link is to be opened in Visual

Also I do not see the XNA program on my 360 Marketplace sad.gif

Edited by Jordanimal, 21 November 2006 - 06:17 AM.

#2 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Jordanimal @ Nov 20 2006, 11:21 PM) View Post
Posted this on HM forums but this seems better smile.gif

Today I was reading an Xbx Scene thread about 360 ftp. Then I was thinking of the XNA developers kit thing. I found something maybe worth while

Think something could be done ? The 360 is technically allowing ftp.

The link is to be opened in Visual

Also I do not see the XNA program on my 360 Marketplace sad.gif

There have been multiple open ports found on xbox 360.Simply because there are some open ports does not give us reason to assume we can ftp to the console. The ftp default port is 21 btw. The 360 is NOT technically allowing ftp. Even if you tried to connect on the ports provided, you would not pass the handshake. You would not be able to connect. What if you DID connect? It seems like you think the xbox was hacked because you could transfer files to the hard drive. That's nowhere near true. We can already copy our own files to the 360 hdd. They won't run. You're barking up the wrong tree here. The security that blocks unsigned code to run needs to be breached before any other challanges can be overcome.

#3 Jordanimal

Jordanimal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

Well see if anyone else reads this whole document on XNA, they might think the same thing I do. The software is telling the xbox 360 to allow a file transfer over your network, therefor some sort of ftp becomes available. Rather it only allows file transfer from the software, or from the pc as a whole could make a difference. I am thinking that you could tell the 360 you want to transfer a game, prepare your pc for file transfer, and then attempt to ftp through 3rd party software. If I can I will make a pdf of the document.

#4 elmo_sni

elmo_sni

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Jordanimal @ Nov 21 2006, 11:19 AM) View Post

Well see if anyone else reads this whole document on XNA, they might think the same thing I do. The software is telling the xbox 360 to allow a file transfer over your network, therefor some sort of ftp becomes available. Rather it only allows file transfer from the software, or from the pc as a whole could make a difference. I am thinking that you could tell the 360 you want to transfer a game, prepare your pc for file transfer, and then attempt to ftp through 3rd party software. If I can I will make a pdf of the document.

sure... then i'll just FTP over some linux, since it's that simple and all right?
your software needs to be signed... ANY executable has to be signed for the 360 to even CONSIDER running the program.

#5 Jordanimal

Jordanimal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:50 AM

No no no. I understand the fact that there is not software or anything capable of softmodding a 360. I am just looking for a free alternative way to transfer files from my xbox. I don't have the money to buy the xsata right now or any hdd connectivity kit. No need to treat me like a noob. I never even said a thing about modding.

Edited by Jordanimal, 22 November 2006 - 03:51 AM.

#6 MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

Im sure it is posable to sniff the packets sent to your 360 with XNA and then resend them with different files. Even though this sound like a good idea(send a different program or game) its just not that simple.

I havnt been keeping up with the scene much so I might not be to acurate but this is just my opinion on what I think something like the XNA software is doing.

First it builds your program or game on your PC, The executable files that it creates somehow get stamped as XNA.

Then the computer talks to the xbox360 and says, hey im going to send over "Name of your game".

The xbox reply's, "OK, I'm ready to play some games wink.gif".

After your PC transfers the files, the xbox checks the executable to see if its the correct game and if it has been stamped(signed) as an official XNA executable.

So in the end if you can only run the Signed xna files, why not just transfer them like your suppoed to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users