deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:59 PM

I finally gave in and bought this game on saturday, and haven't had a chance to really play until today. So, I come home from school, and sit down and play for abut 2 hours. Complete several missions and kill loads of zombies (whilst remembering to save regularly). Eventually I get killed so I chose the "save and quit" option, just to see where it will put me.

I end up at the menu, choose load game, and what do I see? The only option is to start a new game! Where has my save gone?

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:10 PM

When you save and quit it just saves your status, if you were level 7 when you died and saved then when you restart you will be level 7. Odd I know, but I kinda like the save system it keeps it challenging. Next time don't save and just load the last save and you will start out where you last saved before you died.

#3 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:13 PM

this concept adds what I like to call the "arcade" style save. you keep all of your stats, but start at the beginning. The game would be too easy if you could save at any point, like oblivion.

#4 Phat Chance

Phat Chance

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, that caught me the first few times. There is no actual 'quit' command. When you're finished you just have to turn off the console.

#5 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

Good thing I found this post, I thought I was going crazy, and it saved my 360 from being beaten to death.

OK, I guess the choice of save feature has it's good points and bad. So really even though the game has a plot and missions, overall you just run around and just find new and fun ways to kill zombies over and over while you get stronger.

I finally picked this game up yesterday, it priced dropped to $40.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users