5 replies to this topic

#1 skimpydime

skimpydime

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:49 AM

hey guys,

i just installed a x3ce on an xbox where the pinsholes were covered by solder from the manufacture, i checked the pins and soldered it twice. am i missing something?? after i soldered the pogo i soldered the led power cable then cliped the power button in to place, the installed the bios memorey switch.

#2 boob1966

boob1966

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:43 AM

still your install
did you solder the d0 point

#3 skimpydime

skimpydime

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:07 PM

yeah, i did the d0, sorry i hopped right into the problem and did even explain it right.

the xbox is a 1.0 mobo and i removed the solder from the points that were covered. then i soldered the pinheader, and then the d0/lan/hdd cable then the power/eject, and the mem changer, after that it i turned it on and i got the one two three frag thing going on.

this is the weird part. i removed everything and tried to boot it up and i get the same thing, it boots three times then frags. any suggestion would be helpfull.

it also has a weird card for the controllers that plugs into the motherboard. it wasn't like that on the 1.4 mobo that i did last month.

im almost sure i fried it.

#4 boob1966

boob1966

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

check for solder splash or bad trace

it also has a weird card for the controllers that plugs into the motherboard. it wasn't like that on the 1.4 mobo that i did last month.

v1.0 had them

#5 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:06 PM

If the LPC had solder in it already I would have just done a wire harness install.....but that's just me

So you used a desoldering braid to remove the solder?....did you do this carefully man....i would look around the LPC to see if you may have burned a trace and or have solder touching or joining a pin on the pinheader. Using a magnifying glass wouldn't hurt while checking your work.

solder splash, like mentioned above may be the culprit.....especially when you take everything out (chip that is) and it still frags.

The chances of totally ruining the xbox is slim, unless you were extremely careless and or you used a soldering iron over 30 watts.....

If you can take a good quality pic , then please do and let us take a look see

Edited by 8itgreat, 25 November 2006 - 07:07 PM.

#6 skimpydime

skimpydime

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

yeah at this point im 99% sure i either burnt a trace or the board but either way i dont have the pogo pin anymore i removed it and chucked it in an upset rage, ill take a pic when i get a chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users