2 replies to this topic

#1 vettetek

vettetek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:08 AM

Hi,
I finally went out and bought a premium 360 tonight at the local (US) walmart. I havent opened the box (or the xbox) as of yet, but all the gathered info tells me I have a 7-27-06 lot 0638 team tmem unit. I cross refrenced this on the drive database and searching by the team and by the lot number puts me with a Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 drive. Again, I didnt open the unit, so this is just going off the database.
If this is correct, I assume I use the extreme 4.2 to flash?
Any recomended tutorials with pics or video?
MOST IMPORTANTLY do I hook it up and do a dash update BEFORE or AFTER I flash the drive?
many thanks!!
V~

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:57 AM

1) For future posts....this is a Technical forum....for technical questions. Your's are somewhat basic, and probably belong in the newbie forum unless you run into problems when flashing your drive.
2) Tuts are in the pinned topics
3) Doesn't matter when you flash the drive, as the drive was not updated by the update, just the 360's kernel and dash.
4) Probably is a Samsung, and currently all Samsungs can be flashed (whatever is the latest). You probably have a version MS28, so you may need to get a VIA chipset SATA card for the bad flash method....as it's much easier than the other option of flashing (which is soldering a switch on the drive's board).

#3 vettetek

vettetek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:38 PM

James,
Thanks for the reply. I tried the newbie forum, I didnt get any responces - so I figured all the newbies that were there didnt know either tongue.gif
Anyhow, since this is a question about flashing my m28, I hope this post will be ok here. I am gathering that this drive cannot be flashed (without any hardware modding switches,jumpers,ect) without using a VIA chipset SATA. Im guessing you mean motherboard, and that is for recognising the drive. If I do get the drive to recognise on my P4 abit mobo, is it ok to flash with that or will it be corrupt. Id ask for the model of SATA card, but im assuming that its listed a multitude of times on this board.
One final question, I know theres been NUMEROUS topics about chip vs flashing, but no where did I see anyone talk about the fact that soldiering in the chip is safer than flashing as you arent running the risk of bricking the drive. Im figuring if I have to buy hardware (SATA card) to flash it anyhow, why not just buy a chip and not risk bricking it.
thanks again
~V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users