• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 scottyevo

scottyevo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

hey guys!! can someone help me out.. im stuck on the part were u have to kill the raam!!! ive read some other websites about this, but they dnt help!plz help me??

oh and to most ppl that didnt know, and that got frustrated, u can skip the cut-scene, by pressing "X" you skip it!!! just to let ye know biggrin.gif

#2 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:09 AM

look like 10 topics down.....

#3 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:36 AM

sniper rifle is the best way to take him out. Stay at the first concrete block cover and lay into him. Grenades do damage to him too. Trust me, he's easier than you think.

#4 scottyevo

scottyevo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:22 AM

im sorry if theres another thread on this down below, i was just anxious to get an anwser bec this dude is frustrating me!! ..

last night i played him at least 20 times, i tried using every gun, which is the best againt him? sniper? thankx for ur replys!!

#5 majinangel

majinangel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:28 PM

he's pretty easy actually, all you have to do is lob granades at him so the kryll (bird/bat things) fly away from him since they fear light and fire. then you just start layin in to him with whatever weapon you want. i suggest the torquebow.

as soon as youre out of grenades, fool the kryll by moving into some dark areas and return back to the light as fast as you can, so they'll come at you, then lay in to him some more.

#6 olinselot

olinselot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:36 PM

Don't take too long standing in the shadows for the kryll, for obvious reasons. Also, if you don't kill Raam quick enough then more kryll, not connected to Raam, start flying overhead that can kill you at any time. So, the trick is to finish him as quick as you can with quick reload headshots with the sniper rifle. If Dom dies, which he always does, it's worth reviving him on your way past if you have to run for it. Dom will distract him and draw the kryll off of him a few times before he dies. Running for the gun turret is suicide. If you want you can also trigger the kryll to fly off of Raam by shooting down the flying pod things next to the train. You can shoot them down with one good shot with the sniper rifle. This seems to piss off Raam and he sends his kryll after you, leaving him open for head shots. If you take too long to kill Raam, and don't shoot down the pods, the pods seem to release a bunch of kryll into the skies and then the shadows are not safe ever. People say, "It's easy to beat Raam trust me", but this section of the game was obviously designed to encourage co-op play. The easiest way to kill him is to play it co-op. One guy runs ahead and hits him with a grenade while the other stays back and shoots him in the head. Then the first guy runs past him to get behind him, and the second throws his grenades and so on. You can kill him with grenades, but it takes all four and you have to chuck them practically betwwen his legs. I've unloaded every bullet in ever gun into his exposed chest and he didn'y drop. You have to quick reload and head shot.

#7 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:51 PM

I used torque bow to get the kryll off then headshot with sniper rifle. after each shot you have to get perfect reload and then head shot again. this is the most effective. when he is close enough, toss a granade and repeat the head shot system. I killed him before he even got close to the first concrete barrier and used like 3 granades, 3 torque bow shots, and a bunch of sniper shots. the concept to beat him is easy, but there is a lot of crap going on.
another thing, you dont have to worry about killing the flying pod guys because the helicopter will kill them. however, they will shoot at you and hit you so be cautious of you health when they are shooting you.
I think the most importand is getting perfect reloads and headshots.

#8 scottyevo

scottyevo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:27 PM

thankx for ur help guys, i eventually got it, and soo i played it in hardcore and completed it and i just realised how easy he is smile.gif.. but thankx for the help

#9 olinselot

olinselot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:09 AM

What's truly awesome about this whole topic is that every single one of us were like "Holy Crap" the first time we tried to beat Raam. There is so much going on, and learning the hard way that the kryll block your shots, it makes it really fun. I went to bed without beating him after several tries, and I dreamed all night about freaking Raam coming at me on that stupid train. Then when I got up fresh in the morning I had to laugh at myself when I realized how simple it really was. That what makes this game so great. It feels impossible until you problem solve it and then it makes you feel like a bad a** for winning. grr.gif I love it.

#10 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:59 AM

I tried this with the Torque bow and sniper many times but he always got to the concrete block too quick. It's a good combination if you really manage to do everything 100% right, but I found it easier when using assault rifle / sniper combination.

Snipe from distance, blind-spray from up close.

I'm now half-way playing it in insane and this time around I'll be saving the shotgun for the end as I bet it'll be even more effective in the close-range combat.

#11 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

dont forget that grenades do damage to RAAM as well as get the kryll off him. in some cases, the grenade will be the kill shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users