• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:14 AM

Team Xecuter's Blaster 360 Finished
Posted by XanTium | November 23 19:14 EST

From Team Xecuter:

Jees, product development takes so long these days. I wish our R&D wasn't so anal or things would be twice as fast around here. But then we'd be bitched at for poor quality.

Anyway, the Blaster360 is now finally finished. here are some pics to wet the appetite. We are finalizing packaging and distribution so as soon as we know a delivery date and RRP we'll let you know.

Xecuter Blaster 360 Xecuter Blaster 360
Xecuter Blaster 360 Xecuter Blaster 360
For more information on the Blaster 360 check these threads so I don't repeat myself: thread1 | thread2 | thread3

Official Site: http://www.team-xecuter.com

#2 1337 pig

1337 pig

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:29 AM

It looks really nice cool.gif , i wonder how much it will cost.

#3 IntestineMan

IntestineMan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:30 AM

Wonder if you will be able to wire the switch intended for Hitachi Mode B instead for use with Samsung ms28 resistor wire mod?

#4 sheepie

sheepie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:02 AM

yep looks nice, woulda been better if you could cover the socket holes at the front when you wasnt using it so it looks nice and flused with the x360 case.

#5 markland556

markland556

The xbox scene master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:21 AM

i wanna see some install pics

#6 rasputin69

rasputin69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:21 AM

Very nice looking. Hopefully it will work well. The only thing I do not like is the way Team Xecuter treats it's potential customers in the forums. I know there are noobs, but if they are people buying from you or interested in your product, it is a bit different. I never buy from a company who treats poorly people interested in their products (just read their forum for this new product). Says something about a company.

Anyways, this seems to be a nice product.

Edited by rasputin69, 24 November 2006 - 01:26 AM.

#7 Kr0n1k

Kr0n1k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:21 AM

Well, I could see both sides. Team Xecuter could be more polite, less sarcastic, etc. but man, that thread was starting to irritate me with the same question over and over. The main problem is that we assume people have computer knowledge when they don't. Most of the people asking questions didn't have any Xecuter products or hadn't attempted the flash, and probably never will. It goes both ways. Back on topic, this just makes me even more angry about the Amazon.com fiasco earlier, its a great idea and is very nice for people who want to open their case as little as possible. I know I'll be purchasing one of these once I get a new 360.

#8 celicagt1993

celicagt1993

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:26 AM

very very good idea. my own personal tasts, i wouldn't install it like that. having a "buldge" on the front with open ports showing turns me off. if only the HDD was orintated to the front of the system this would be a perfect item.

#9 nebur

nebur

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:10 AM

The only thing I do not like is the way Team Xecuter treats it's potential customers in the forums.
totally agree with you thats why i went with smartxx when it was time for me to mod my xbox after my original matrix chip. i deal with people who lack with computer knowledge all day; but if people are asking for help about your product you should be more than willing to answer their question.

#10 RiPpN-N-TrIppN

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:20 AM

i think they need to fire there R&D team coz that looks like shit
not only does it add a BIG bulge to the front of the box
but it also shows 2 open ports i couldnt think of any worse then having to explain to EVERY person
that sits down to play the 360 with me what the hell that thing is ontop of the box
and at the end of the day all it does it allow you to flash your box without having to open it
is that really so great and is it worth having that Big bulge for
it takes less then 5min to open up your case and its not like your flashing it every few days
im still using 3.3 and i dont see any need to upgrade at the moment
kinda pointless if u ask me
but hey its your money spend away
Rip

#11 morinzo

morinzo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:32 AM

from the first flash, my case has never been put back on, and sys runs cooler also..

#12 SteveNZ

SteveNZ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:48 AM

It's "whet" the appetite...

Looks like a useful device, but yes, a bit ugly. It could have been done a lot tidier but it would've needed a whole extra layer separating the main unit from the HDD which would've been a lot more expensive.

I've used a few of their products and they're always good quality, although their X3 chip couldn't had better connectors on it, was way to easy to bend pins. Generally good though.

#13 eyric101

eyric101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:16 AM

It looks like they were going for convince over style. Selling to the pirates instead of the mod community it would seem. A suggestion for version 2: add a slick way to open and close the ports (not some generic rubber either), make the ports rear facing, and add a usb hub with 2 front mounted ps2 ports. That way it can be used everyday, justifying the expense.

#14 quarky42

quarky42

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE(eyric101 @ Nov 23 2006, 09:23 PM) View Post

It looks like they were going for convince over style. Selling to the pirates instead of the mod community it would seem. A suggestion for version 2: add a slick way to open and close the ports (not some generic rubber either), make the ports rear facing, and add a usb hub with 2 front mounted ps2 ports. That way it can be used everyday, justifying the expense.

Then people (even dedicated modders) will gripe that the ports are too inconvenient to get to. People want to be able to leave their console plugged in, not move it, connect to it with a laptop or a long cable, and flash it without having to hassle with anything else.

Why else would you spend good money to put on a convenience mod that isn't really all that convenient anyway?

#15 Kr0n1k

Kr0n1k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:49 AM

I think it would be useful personally, I would install it with new fans and a fresh coat of artic silver on the heatsinks, close it back up, and then flash, but thats just me. And maybe I'm just used to the attitude of the general public on forums, and they didn't come off as all that harsh, espically since 95% of the questions asked were answered in the very first post. I see alot of "search" responses and closed threads for stupid questions on this board, their actions didn't really suprise me all that much, I guess. I dunno, I'd like to see a switch for the HDD too, so you can power up just the HDD and copy files to and from, instead of unhooking it from the 360. Main problem being, there aren't any real mods for the system yet, so maybe something like this would be more useful when the time comes. I'd still get it if the price is right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users