• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hedman09

hedman09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:51 AM

I just got a new computer and im tring to ftp from my old cpu to my new cpu through an ethernet cable using flash fxp. I just dont know how to connect them together. ive tried connecting by entering my new CPU's ip address in the "Server or URL" bar and tried connecting then it says"R] Connecting to 192.168.0.101 -> IP=192.168.0.101 PORT=21 [R] Connected to 192.168.0.101" but no files show up on the top right corner and then about 20 seconds later it says " [R] Connection failed (Connection lost) ". So i dont know what to do. unsure.gif uhh.gif
if anybody can help me that would very appreciated.
thanks hedman09

#2 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:In order... Girlfriend, Friends, Xbox/PC shite...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:30 AM

You can't just ftp computer to computer unless you have ftp servers running and you also need a crossover ethernet cable.
If you are using Windows XP, google for "Windows File Sharing". It basically consists of the following...

This is all if you have the computers on the same network. So you may need to use either a Router (preferred), a hub, or a crossover cable if you are connecting just computer to computer. So this is all assuming the computers are on the same network...

You can right click on a Folder and either goto "Sharing and Security" or "Properties" then "Sharing".
Then click "Just Enable File Sharing" if that is a link in the middle of the window, if not, skip this step.
Check "Share this folder on the network" and give the shared folder a name.
Be sure to check "Allow network users to change my files" if you want to be able to copy files to this computer from another computer, not just get files.

From any other windows computer on the network, you can now goto Start>Run or WinKey+R, or even the address bar in Explorer and type in "\\192.168.0.101\".
Replace the IP address with the IP address or the name of the computer with the sharing enabled.
It will show the shared folders on that computer.
You can now copy files from the shared folders or copy files to them if you checked "Allow network users to change my files".
Also, if you goto My Network Places on other computers on the network, it should list all shared folders on all computers on the network, but it may take a few seconds.

I'd be more detailed but I'm tired and need sleep, lol
If you do want to FTP and not use Windows File Sharing, then sorry for ranting on about that stuff, but it is one way to get your files quickly from one pc to another.

Hope that helps,
-Danny

#3 hedman09

hedman09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:04 AM

all right thanks ill try that when im at that house thanks very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users