6 replies to this topic

#1 crans81

crans81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:32 AM

I've installed an xbox in my car.

When the xbox gets warm the mod chip stops working next time its turned off and back on.
Its really pissin me off. is there an easy way to just flash the xbox bios with a hacked bios so i can get rid of the stupid mod chip.

The xbox boots to the standard bios perfectly whether the xbox is hot or not.

#2 spiffyville

spiffyville

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Interests:Working on the physics behind wingless flight for humans. Slow going so far.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:08 AM

You have a couple of options. Depending on how old the xbox is, it is possible to flash the onboard tsop. A few questions for you though. Have you tried doing the 12volt fan mod? Or adding a larger cooling fan to your setup? Also, what modchip are you using, and how is it installed?

#3 crans81

crans81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

Im using an aladin XT on a 1.6 xbox.

I dont think its due to the xbox over heating. The factory bios boots up and works perfectly even when the other one stops

#4 skyzerr33

skyzerr33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:38 PM

I'd look into softmodding

#5 crans81

crans81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

is there an easy way to soft mod if i already have a mod chipo??

ie i run a program from my dash board that updates the original bios?

#6 1nick9

1nick9

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:34 PM

well 1st off. 1.6 r only model that u cant do a tsop flash to, due to the fact there is no tsop on the board anymore n the bios is loaded from diff location that isnt writable.

2nd thing, if ya believe its not workin correctly due to heat, get some extra coolin cuz if its not bootin the chip from heat then the xbox is too hot.

3rd, i'd say check ya installions, tap all the points with soldering iron so all the solder melts n then take it off(like only a sec or 2 on each point) incase ya got a cold join.

cheers beerchug.gif

Edit. would do 3rd thing i said b4 lookin at extra cooling

Edited by 1nick9, 26 November 2006 - 03:44 PM.

#7 kungpaomaster

kungpaomaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:42 AM

I take it your using it in your car as a multimedia player. I doubt you're playing games while you drive. smile.gif

I also assume you're using XBMC as the player of choice. If so, I'd first try with your current setup bumping up the fan settings in XBMC to 100%. I think the default setting is 20%. Your XBOX might be a little louder, but since you have it in your car there's plenty of other noise to mask your XBOX fan running at 100%. That might get you the extra cooling. Another idea would be to consider routing a dedicated A/C duct to your XBOX.

Otherwise, I'd go the softmod method. If your XBOX still boots to the Original Dash with the modchip disabled then you're good to go for softmod. If not, then you've got to play with the files on your C: drive.

-KPM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users