kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

Hi, i'm searching for an app that lists you current installed software... i need to format my computer but would like to install all of the apps that i have, and because they are so many (and some are codec / patches etc) im looking towards finding a program that lists all your installed software... any ideas ?

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

The easiest place to look is Add/Remove Programs from your Control Panel. It however doesn't list anything that does not require an installation such as VirtualDub.

Only install what you need at the time. You will find most of your programs will have updates by the time you need to use them again.

#3 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:05 AM

^Yep, like tks said. You should also visit your Program Files folder and take note of what you have there. Remember, some programs install in a subfolder where the root folder is the company's name and the subfolder is the program's name (e.g., Trend Micro > PC-Cillin, etc.).

You should keep a notepad handy and write down the settings/preferences for each program you've customized. You could also take screenshots (Alt+Print Screen) and email them to yourself. It'll speed up the reinstallation process dramatically.

Edited by metaldevil, 28 November 2006 - 02:17 AM.

#4 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:58 AM

thnx for the reply, i think i'll use the print screen option, the reason is that before i format my pc i list the software that was installed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users