BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:21 AM

Okay so I am planning on buying a 360 this weekend and I have a few questions before I go spend $500.

First, I would like to know which bundle I should get? I checked the newspaper and there are 3 stores in my area that are offering a free game with purchase of a premium xbox 360 and they are all $400 total.

-Target: free NCAA 07 football ( I already have it for xbox 1)
-Circuit City: free Project Gotham Racing 3
-Comp USA: Free Platinum hit game, Perfect dark or PGR 3

Second I would like to know the settings that I need for my network to work like this:
IPB Image

I want to be able to hook my 360 up to xbox live wirelessly from a wireless enabled PC to my dsl modem with wireless ability. I would also like to be able to switch over to a wireless system link network with my modded xbox 1. I guess I could buy a bridge for my xbox 1, but I already have the router so it isnít worth spending the money.

Thanks for your help.

#2 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:34 PM

Can any one help me?

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:28 PM

1. you already have NCAA Football and most people don't actually like PD0... so I think that makes your choice easy. PGR3 is an awesome game

2. If you DSL modem has wireless router built in then your PC doesn't factor into it. the modem acts as a central hub that connects everything else together.

If both your Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 will be sitting next to each other then your cheapest option is to buy a wireless bridge with more then 1 port. If you can't find one then go for a wireless bridge and a network switch.

You'll need to buy this equipment for the Xbox 1 ANYWAY as it's the only way to network it wirelessly, the Xbox 360 can work through the same equipment, or you can spend an extra $100 on the official USB adapter.

#4 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:36 PM

Yeah I was thinking that pgr3 was the best choice, thanks for confirming that for me.

As for my network set up, Everything is in different rooms. I want to use the wireless card on the pc in my room to be able to connect to my dsl modem, which is downstairs, so I can use live up in my room without having to buy the network adapter. Then I would like to be able to change networks and connect to my xbox 1 which is in my brothers room across the hall, but sometimes downstairs in the family room. I just heard that you need to input certain things into your 360 and the pc that it is connected to, to be able to use it as a wireless access point for the 360.

#5 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

Good luck getting multiplayer to work in gears of war or COD3, using the 360 off of winXP ICS. It is probably not going to give you all the ports you need to be open. LOTS of people are having problems even getting it working through a regular router.

#6 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:56 PM

really? I heard that was issues with lag over wifi but I didn't know you couldn't connect at all. Looks like I may have to buy the $100 wifi adapter after all, Ill wait and see first though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users