#1 sulfur

sulfur

Super Xbox Saiyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:15 PM

So i saw fountain this weekend. Fountain is Darren Aronofsky masterpiece. Darren Aronofsky has done Pi and Requiem for a dream. Very awesome movies if you haven't had a chance to check them out.

Plot: Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.

Fountain is an experience. I absolutely loved it. It may be difficult to understand and grasp it all but i really enjoyed this film. I must say the soundtrack made this movie. Clint Mansell and Mogwai do a fabulous job.
I don't post much here anymore so you know this is important to me.

Give this film a chance, go in with a open mind. I know some people are going to hate it but this is one of my favorites films I've seen this year.

5.0/5.0

IPB Image

Trailer

Edited by sulfur, 27 November 2006 - 07:16 PM.

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

I saw the movie yesterday, it was amazing. Pi is my favorite of the 3 movies you named. My mother however, liked Fountain the most of all 3 movies. biggrin.gif Aronofsky is my brother and my favorite director so we had plans to see The Fountain together, my mom insisted on going even though she didn't like Pi or Requiem.

Aronofsky also had a hand in Below, didn't know if you knew that. The movie was nowhere near as good as the other 3. Decent, but nowhere close to the same level. He didn't direct it though.

I thought Hugh Jackman was awesome in this movie. He did a spectacular job.

I wasn't sure how this movie was going to be cause I had such high expectations. I was not let down. If you cannot decide if you should watch it or not, definitely watch this movie.

I have the Pi movie poster where he is laying on the ground with the huge red Pi symbol. IPB Image /bragging
I don't have a movie room for it yet. sad.gif /pity

#3 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Nov 27 2006, 01:07 PM) View Post

I saw the movie yesterday, it was amazing. Pi is my favorite of the 3 movies you named. My mother however, liked Fountain the most of all 3 movies. biggrin.gif Aronofsky is my brother and my favorite director so we had plans to see The Fountain together, my mom insisted on going even though she didn't like Pi or Requiem.

Aronofsky also had a hand in Below, didn't know if you knew that. The movie was nowhere near as good as the other 3. Decent, but nowhere close to the same level. He didn't direct it though.

I thought Hugh Jackman was awesome in this movie. He did a spectacular job.

I wasn't sure how this movie was going to be cause I had such high expectations. I was not let down. If you cannot decide if you should watch it or not, definitely watch this movie.

I have the Pi movie poster where he is laying on the ground with the huge red Pi symbol. IPB Image /bragging
I don't have a movie room for it yet. sad.gif /pity

for real?

I loved Pi and Requiem, but from the trailers, The Fountain didn't appeal to me. I might wait for it to come to the dollar theater, and go check it out.

#4 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(killerbootsman @ Nov 27 2006, 06:06 PM) View Post
for real?
QUOTE(throwingks @ Nov 27 2006, 02:07 PM) View Post
Aronofsky is my brother and my favorite director so we had plans to see The Fountain together
Should have read:
Aronofsky is both mine and my brother's favorite director, so we had plans to see The Fountain together. biggrin.gif laugh.gif Sorry for my bad grammer smile.gif
I loved Pi and Requiem, but from the trailers, The Fountain didn't appeal to me. I might wait for it to come to the dollar theater, and go check it out.
It did not let me down. See it in the theater, there is a couple spots where it is a lot better on a big screen than I think it would be on a little one.

In the trailer it says he is a time traveler. He isn't, I don't know why they say that.

#5 MarkRobbins

MarkRobbins

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:31 PM

This does sound like a very good movie. I'll have to make a point to check it out. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users