#256 beholder

beholder

X-S Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 December 2003 - 07:30 PM

Hey,
I just wanted to say, awesome job guys! This looks incredable, I mean - way behond the current xbox homebrew games (pff...pacman...((great port is pacman, but nothing at all on this)) )!
Are you working for any specific release date, and don't say "when its done", I've heard that too much...

#257 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:See website....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 December 2003 - 08:25 PM

Sorry guys, the next couple of weeks probably won't be the most productive. I've got to do a bit of travelling for the christmas season! I'll see you all on the 2nd! Merry christmas, happy holidays, etc, etc

beerchug.gif it up

#258 Neil

Neil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 05:08 PM

Merry christmas, happy holidays, etc, etc

And a merry ....festive...joyful....happy... Kwanza to all! laugh.gif

Are you working for any specific release date, and don't say "when its done", I've heard that too much..

Well im sorry, but that's gonna be the answer again. Normal deadlines don't really apply here because, A) there is no textbook to follow that we can just 'study' and make this faster. B ) Our normal "paying" jobs dictate our lives. There is no 'crunch' time, because i have to work 8-6 at work every week day regardless of where we stand on the project. Un Prof was actually working double that just at his normal job.

Edited by Neil, 23 December 2003 - 05:18 PM.

#259 discworld

discworld

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Neil @ Dec 23 2003, 07:08 PM)

Well im sorry, but that's gonna be the answer again. Normal deadlines don't really apply here because, A) there is no textbook to follow that we can just 'study' and make this faster. B ) Our normal "paying" jobs dictate our lives. There is no 'crunch' time, because i have to work 8-6 at work every week day regardless of where we stand on the project. Un Prof was actually working double that just at his normal job.

heh
I think I would have preferred an answer involving "2006" to an answer like that... laugh.gif
Anyway, I'd love to help in ANY way possible, with such a promising game.
I'm not an artist, I'm not a coder, but grunt jobs I can do.

I've got one website: x boxcomplete.com and I'd love to help with this website, or do anything else, no matter how meaningless!

oh and: happy christmas!

#260 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:27 PM

Things are always progressing... after my short xmas vacation, I should be in a better mental state and with more time to get things smokin' again.

Lots of beer, food, and a couple boarding trips will straighten me out... work sUx.

Neil... you rock... merry christmas bro

#261 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:53 PM

Just as an update, I'm working on the multiplayer portion of the engine... hope everyone had a good holiday beerchug.gif

#262 Wishi

Wishi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:32 PM

There was certainly a lot of that beerchug.gif

Hope you had a good New Year Uber smile.gif

#263 taz1975uk

taz1975uk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Jan 4 2004, 11:53 PM)
Just as an update, I'm working on the multiplayer portion of the engine... hope everyone had a good holiday beerchug.gif

Hi just wondering what exactly you had in mind for the mutiplayer portion of your game.

Sorry this may have been discussed in a previosly but I have just wondered.

On your website it says:

Multiplayer will most likely support local play. More importantly, I will be creating a PC-based server and an authorative server list to create an XBox Live-style community for the game... only free. It's alot to do, so hold your horses smile.gif

are you also planning on putting system link option to your game?

If so that would mean its automaticly suppoted by xbox tunneling services.

Hope the project goes well.

Taz

#264 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 04:32 PM

Hi Taz... no problems... ask away!

Actually, standard system link may not come into play. Initially, the game server will exist only one the PC. BUT, this should be okay because, if you have networked xboxes and you simply want to play system link, just run the server on a PC within your network. Tunneling software won't be necessary. Basically, you can run the game server on a PC on your network, and forward the port through your router. That way, anyone can contact your server. So no tunneling software should be needed.

#265 taz1975uk

taz1975uk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Jan 8 2004, 06:32 PM)
Hi Taz... no problems... ask away!

Actually, standard system link may not come into play.  Initially, the game server will exist only one the PC.  BUT, this should be okay because, if you have networked xboxes and you simply want to play system link, just run the server on a PC within your network.  Tunneling software won't be necessary.  Basically, you can run the game server on a PC on your network, and forward the port through your router.  That way, anyone can contact your server.  So no tunneling software should be needed.

nice one, would be great if you did put sys link in, but any online option you choose is great.

Im looking for any homebrew game that you can play online, XLime is great for instance, My thinking was that if it was compatible with a service like xlink, that would help people find out about your game, and be able to find players easier.

for instance i had never heard of XLime before, until it was put on XLinks list of supported games, and im glad i did because its an addictive game.

Taz

Edited by taz1975uk, 09 January 2004 - 04:34 PM.

#266 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:40 PM

yeah, xlime is a definite time killer smile.gif I'll do what I can for system link... i basically want to complete the internet portion first, as it'll work fine on local networks as well. Sort of a "two birds with one stone" sort of approach.

#267 BottleB

BottleB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:32 AM

OMG man im impressed...

#268 gronne

gronne

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:18 AM

I just wanted to say that this looks amazing, being a homebrew. But I check this thread everyday only to see if unprofessional has made a comment on the progress. The only thing I've come to counclusion is that I'm rather greedy, and want progress all the time tongue.gif
Because the 12:th of January felt like ages now rolleyes.gif Anyways, I'm incredibly impressed of the progress you've made in this short amount of time, and can say nothing but GOOD LUCK (though it's hardly about anything but skills).

#269 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

Thanks alot =]. We're still on it. I can honestly say that the pace couldn't been better, but it was a third or fourth priority for a while. Now I can invest regular time in it again, so keep a regular eye on it.

#270 Bearhug

Bearhug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:17 AM

Keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users