587 replies to this topic

#46 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 11:13 AM

looking good, can you tell me what the white thing moving about is please and I am guessing the background sound is not part of the sound effects.... laugh.gif

#47 Wishi

Wishi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 May 2003 - 05:54 PM

It's showing the octree code, as the white thing I assume is a tester for the octree and acting as a "tank" showing which nodes will be affected (the cubes) and therefore where to do collision detection to greatly lessen the amount of work needed.

Edited by Wishi, 31 May 2003 - 05:55 PM.

#48 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 12:07 AM

"Ok...just a little update.I`m working on uvw mapping right now.That should really lower the poly count.Cause I can paint the details right to the model carcass..rather than model the details.
I was thinking though...usually in these games when you run through the select tank screen,you have your options of which tank to play.These models are usually higher res than the actual gameplay model.Does he want a high res model for this purpose?It`s no problem to do this..it`s actually easier to make a high res model than a low poly one that looks half decent.
So if he wants a high res model of each for this purpose then let me know.Or I can just send a rendering.But usually in the select screen the vehicle is spinning or something...in which case this would require a model...
lemme know"

I told him that the game u are making involves the player to choose any tank that s on the battle field, rather than choosing it at the start, or at least thats the idea that I got, let me know..

#49 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 07:36 AM

let me know on this, plus some news on the 2nd tank, it is nearly finished and currently at 3900 polys...

#50 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:See website....

Posted 02 June 2003 - 09:15 PM

Hey watchers... thx for the update. Glad to hear it's possible to add some of the details to the texture smile.gif.

A high poly model along with the in-game model is a great idea. I'm sure i can find some good uses for the higher-poly model. Which is the second tank? Another guy is doing the M1 for me... but 3-4-5 tanks is cool smile.gif. I just hope your modeller isn't referring to the m1 :-

So far your modeller did the T72, and another guy did the M1 for me. Any other vehicles... other tanks, jeeps, other firepower-related vehicles... all good =]

Wishi was right... the white block is just a test object to demonstrate the octree.. =]

Edit: Oh, the background sound is probably just the slight pickup of some megadeth smile.gif

Thanks

Edited by The unProfessional, 02 June 2003 - 09:16 PM.

#51 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:07 PM

Yep he done the M1, remember you asked for help on both tanks, the T72 and M1 - maybe ask the person who has made the M1 for you to change it a bit to make it look like another tank?

user posted image

Edited by the_Watchers_eye, 02 June 2003 - 10:08 PM.

#52 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, I know I did originally, but I thought your modeller was still working on the textures :-. The other guy helping me out already did change it from the t72 to the m1... :-

Is it possible for your modeller to add his own detail touches... to essentially invent his own M1-like tank?

Thanks

#53 Bearhug

Bearhug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:22 AM

So guys whats the Estimated Release date.. For it to be a hit it has to be knocked back at least twice. laugh.gif

Seriously though... When you roughly thinking we looking at a beta version.

#54 xbox_freak!!

xbox_freak!!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:eat, sleep, xbox

Posted 04 June 2003 - 10:01 AM

july first I think....(Canada day! biggrin.gif )

#55 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (xbox_freak!! @ Jun 4 2003, 12:01 PM)
july first I think....(Canada day! biggrin.gif )

You're joking right? Surely a game of this calibre can't be done by then? If it is then i am supremly suprised and want to thank the lord for this blessing!

#56 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:25 PM

Hey guys.... thx for the questions. I wouldn't expect a complete release by July 1st, just because so much needs to be done and we're all working people. BUT! Don't get discouraged, because I expect a playable alpha by then. Unfortunately, i can only allow select people to test it at that point. But I want everyone to know that things are moving along as they should =]

Don't worry -- this one's really happening smile.gif

#57 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Jun 4 2003, 06:25 PM)
Hey guys.... thx for the questions. I wouldn't expect a complete release by July 1st, just because so much needs to be done and we're all working people. BUT! Don't get discouraged, because I expect a playable alpha by then. Unfortunately, i can only allow select people to test it at that point. But I want everyone to know that things are moving along as they should =]

Don't worry -- this one's really happening smile.gif

smile.gif Great to hear that its all going well! Don't worry i thought it was too good to be true.... will it be out by September the 8th?My bday biggrin.gif
if you need any alpha testers you know where i am... i tested a couple of things before this so i have experience smile.gif

#58 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, i'm definitely shooting for an end-of-summer release. But, i have a gut feeling that network-related bug fixes will be subsequent to that release, in addition to game updates, such as more levels and vehicles.

Bear with me everyone =] It's moving along and I have a couple awesome artists doing the vehicles for me and helping me out with ideas.

- Bill

#59 Fokus

Fokus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 12:51 AM

Hey nice tanks!

So as soon as you can get me a little vid of the game I can try to make a some music loops...I think loops are much better since writing a whole score for a game would be suicide concidering my schedule right now...

talk soon

#60 The unProfessional

The unProfessional

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 05:26 AM

Hey Fokus, whats up. Have you emailed me? Are you one of the two guys who emailed me about music? I think there are already a couple of people who want to write the music for the game :- If you're one of them, then badass =]. But, if not, i'll need to keep you posted if those guys don't come through. Sorry, but I can't have too many people doing music... the styles would be too different. BUT, please stick around because I'd love to have your help, alright?

OH! For everyone, I put up a short rating of metallica's new album... check it out on my website (check my signature for the URL). Post on this forum if you have an opinion on the new album, St. Anger.

laters all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users