12 replies to this topic

#1 zabaria

zabaria

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

Hello,

I've updated my firmware several times to 4.2A, 4.2B and 3.3, but every game keeps freezing after playing for about 10 minutes. The game just freezes. The dvdrom keeps reading and there are no red lights.

What could this be? I've tried Call of Duty 3, Gears of War and Rainbow Six and they all freeze after some time playing. I have a Samsung Toshiba ms25 dvdrom.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

#2 zabaria

zabaria

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:35 AM

Bump

#3 zabaria

zabaria

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:19 PM

Anyone please?

#4 DMAddict

DMAddict

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

Do your originals work fine? It sound like it may be something in the burning/media process. Which media are you using? Maybe try a different media. I'm not very familiar with the sammy drive(Hitachi owner), but also have a look at the pot tweek(rubberband) method.

#5 zabaria

zabaria

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

Haven't tested any original, but I've used Memorex and Imation DVD+R DL. Both freezes when playing for about ~10 minutes. I've burned them at 2.4x speed.

#6 zabaria

zabaria

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:04 PM

So I:

Played a couple of demo's on my xbox 360 hdd and they also freeze! So I didn't burn my backups the wrong way and my drive is flashed ok. So backup's and demo's both freeze at some time in the game (10-30 minutes). No red lights, only a compleet lockup.

So what does this mean? I'm out of options..

#7 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

im having the same problem and I tested all my originals,work fine...im using verbatim dvd+r dl

and maximus garyopa 2.2 fw

#8 itismejoshd

itismejoshd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

I just had this happen too. Any help would be great.

#9 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(itismejoshd @ Jul 2 2007, 05:35 PM) View Post

I just had this happen too. Any help would be great.

how do you expect to get help on this?
this is more than six months old!!
which game, how was it done, is it all game, is it original...
anywaydescribe your problem if you are looking for help

-soso

#10 itismejoshd

itismejoshd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:29 AM

Sorry, thought I sorted topic by date. Anyways, in burnout revenge after playing/letting it sit there for 15 minutes or so, it just freezes. Same for Dead or Alive. Im assuming its an overheating problem. I had the ring of death and did the heat gun fix. Im guessing its just my problems resurfacing. If theres a better way to fix the weakarse solder problems Im expecting to forever encounter with this xbox, Im all ears.

I know this doesnt fit into this, but if I restore my drive using restore.bat, but use none of my ripped information from my original firmware from my drive, am I still able to play on xbox live? And is there any connection at all with firmware modding and overheating?

#11 itismejoshd

itismejoshd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:13 AM

Once it froze the first time, I turned the xbox off and back on almost immediately. It froze before getting to the main screen. HOWEVER! All this originated from when I was running the xbox 360 dissasembled. The fan "tube" was still in place though.

Sorry for the triple post, but I just tryed it for an hour with the case fully assembled after I let it cool off for a while. It worked fine.

So I guess this means its a heating issue.

Edited by itismejoshd, 03 July 2007 - 05:09 AM.

#12 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

Does it freze with graphics glitches??

Most likely its the RAM chips overheating. Look in the hardware section for the "12 cent fix"... (people only use 8 pennies now though)

If you were really adventourous you can do the complete xclamp replacement... also in the hardware section.

#13 danybloke

danybloke

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:53 AM

This is most definately a heat issue which will lead to 3 lights of death eventually. This is where some of the solder points melt and connection is lost in different places on the board (mainly on the GDU). If any of you read this that haven't modded the firmware or opened the 360 - you will now have a 3 year warranty that should cover the repair (as shown here http://news.bbc.co.u...ss/6275728.stm)

Alternatively you can send this off to a pro solderer who specializes in 360 point repairs and sometimes will also replace the fans too improve air flow and reduce the chances of melting solder!

hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users