X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:41 PM

i was thinking of branding my xbox case and dvd-rom with my initials. so when it goes to repair they dont give me some kids dirty ass xbox. i would let the repair rep know ahead of time, to make a note on the account, as i wouldnt want any other box except mine again with new parts or a new one. i live in texas so im not far from the repair center, turnaround wouldnt be a problem. i would also make it easier to keep warranties instead of trying to transfer it to a different serial, as MS doesnt do it themselves. let me know what you guys think

#2 JustDanMI

JustDanMI

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:outdoors and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

I'm assuming their normal "procedures" involve getting yours, inspecting it to be sure it wasn't tampered with and sending you a refurbished model in it's place to insure a quick turn around.

Now if you request to have your same box returned to you, I still think the turnaround time will take alot longer, no matter how close you live. It still takes time to assess damages and make repairs.

And my guess would be that they don't have a setup where they can keep track of your box amongest the hundreds of damaged box's that they're constantly receiving, in order to send your exact box back to you. Hell, they probably send it to a completly different building for repairs after sending you out a refurbished box.

I guess you can try it, but I personally don't think it will work. Good luck though.

#3 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:08 PM

My guess is they will consider a "branded" 360 the same as a "modded" 360, and return it to you.

#4 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Nov 29 2006, 10:15 AM) View Post

My guess is they will consider a "branded" 360 the same as a "modded" 360, and return it to you.

thats would be bullshit!!! what if i drew all over it or painted it, does that make it modded? i think not.
what if someones kid scratched their case to hell would MS really want to keep that case?

Edited by Navillos, 29 November 2006 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users