• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:25 PM

(PR - EU) Xbox Makes It An Exclusive Christmas
Posted by XanTium | November 29 12:25 EST

From the Microsoft press release:

Saturday, 2nd December, is the one year anniversary of Xbox 360 in Europe and its second Christmas season promises to be a booming success for Xbox 360, with consoles readily available at retail along with a host of new accessories such as the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel, Xbox Live Vision camera and Xbox 360 HD DVD Player.

In addition to that, some of the best games on any platform anywhere are available only on Xbox 360. Viva Pinata offers the unique opportunity to create a pet paradise and nurture more than 60 different candy-filled pinata animals, while Gears of War casts players as Marcus Fenix as he struggles against all the odds to subdue the Locust Horde on a visually glorious battlefield. Test Drive Unlimited offers players the unique opportunity to race some of the most exotic sportscars ever built on 1000m of equally exotic Hawaiian road. Saints Row throws players onto the mean streets of Stilwater tackling rival gangs in a bid to conquer the city, while Dead Rising takes survival horror to new heights teeming with undead swarms.

Viva Pinata (MGS), Gears of War (MGS), Test Drive Unlimited (Atari), Saints Row (THQ), Dead Rising (Capcom) and Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (MGS/Tecmo) which transports the cast of the popular Dead or Alive 4 to the idyllic location of New Zack Island, - are all available exclusively on Xbox 360.

"Xbox 360 offers the broadest and deepest selection of mind-blowing experiences this Christmas. We're excited, just one year after launch, to be able to offer such a diverse games line-up offering exclusive new titles and established blockbusters," said Chris Lewis, Regional Vice President, EMEA, Home and Entertainment Division, Microsoft.

Read the whole press release here.

#2 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:40 PM

happy birthday 360 on the 2nd.

i love my 360 beerchug.gif

#3 postaldude25

postaldude25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:10 PM

Yes happy birthday my 360 with you 3 red light you poor thing did almost get one year old, dont worry we still own over the Ps3 stupid fanboys!!

Daddy promises to have you running again before 24 december. I love you love.gif

Edited by postaldude25, 29 November 2006 - 06:11 PM.

#4 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

I would think that the Nintendo Wii would be more of a Christmas present compared to the Xbox 360. It's newer (which is nice, since the one who receives the gift probably doesn't have one already), cheaper and parents who look for a game console for the little kids will probably choose it over the 360.

Still, the 360 will probably also sell well. The only one who will skip Christmas in Europe is the Playstation 3. Even on other continents, it might be hard to get your hands on one of those and even then, it's quite expensive for a present.

#5 rasstar

rasstar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Nov 29 2006, 06:54 PM) View Post

I would think that the Nintendo Wii would be more of a Christmas present compared to the Xbox 360. It's newer (which is nice, since the one who receives the gift probably doesn't have one already), cheaper and parents who look for a game console for the little kids will probably choose it over the 360.

Still, the 360 will probably also sell well. The only one who will skip Christmas in Europe is the Playstation 3. Even on other continents, it might be hard to get your hands on one of those and even then, it's quite expensive for a present.

I really don't know about the wii. It looks like fun but how long will it last and how soon before you get bored with it? The graphics are really poor and it cannot play audio cds or DVDs, looks like the only thing it has going for it is the controller. People are already complaining from sore arms after playing Wii. I just don't see it lasting too long....but I could be wrong.

#6 elmo_sni

elmo_sni

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:07 PM

wii-360 all the way!
\m/ grr.gif \m/

#7 IggyFkgPop

IggyFkgPop

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

Personaly, I love my 360, but these games have been pretty crappy. I'm still waiting/hoping for really great games to come out, but I hope the Wii destroys the 360 and PS3 this holiday just to teach them a lession. It's this Cross-platform stuff thats really got these console makers in a bind. Cross platform game sales for game developers is great for them, but hurts gamers and limits consoles. Sony and Microsoft could not make consoles which were dramaticly different or better then each other because then they would have had to develope there own exclusive titles, which is not the way the game development industry wants to go. I understand the business aspect of it but I hate it too. Perhaps Nintendos being pushed out of the big boy console space will turn out to be the best thing to happen for gamers. They are forced now to be inovative and independant, to a large degree, from the rest of the industry.

#8 epsilon72

epsilon72

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:updating my interests section of my profile
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(IggyFkgPop @ Nov 29 2006, 11:16 AM) View Post
Personaly, I love my 360, but these games have been pretty crappy. I'm still waiting/hoping for really great games to come out, but I hope the Wii destroys the 360 and PS3 this holiday just to teach them a lession. It's this Cross-platform stuff thats really got these console makers in a bind. Cross platform game sales for game developers is great for them, but hurts gamers and limits consoles. Sony and Microsoft could not make consoles which were dramaticly different or better then each other because then they would have had to develope there own exclusive titles, which is not the way the game development industry wants to go. I understand the business aspect of it but I hate it too. Perhaps Nintendos being pushed out of the big boy console space will turn out to be the best thing to happen for gamers. They are forced now to be inovative and independant, to a large degree, from the rest of the industry.

Very true. I'm sick of cross platform games grr.gif

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out...

#9 quarky42

quarky42

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(rasstar @ Nov 29 2006, 12:09 PM) View Post

I really don't know about the wii. It looks like fun but how long will it last and how soon before you get bored with it? The graphics are really poor and it cannot play audio cds or DVDs, looks like the only thing it has going for it is the controller. People are already complaining from sore arms after playing Wii. I just don't see it lasting too long....but I could be wrong.

I think it will catch a lot of people that wouldn't normally play video games... People complaining about their sore arms must be using the thing and enjoying it or otherwise they would have stopped as soon as it got strenuous.

Sore arms is a good thing...the soreness will go away and your arms at least will get a bit of a work out. Anything that elevates your respiratory rate and gets you moving around while vegging in front of the game machine is a pretty good step in the right direction.

Sure the graphics aren't as good, but the Wii has a lot going for it with being able to play games as far back as NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and Sega systems. There have been a lot of really great games and it'd be fun to revisit them. The price of an old game is a bit expensive right now, but perhaps that too can come down.

I see the Wii as a great "me too" system...where you get a 360 or a PS3 (360 would be my vote) and then when you can afford it you get a Wii... you play the 360 for graphics and it's style of games and when you get bored you play the Wii for it's unique style of games. When your arms are too sore, maybe it'll inspire you to work out a little more anyway... that or you could always go back to the 360 until they aren't hurting.

I guess this is the Wii60 generation. WeeSixty.

#10 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(rasstar @ Nov 29 2006, 07:09 PM) View Post

Gameplay is far more important than graphics. In my opinion, graphics are actually extremely overrated. If the Wii is fun enough (and I guess it is looking at the reviews of the neat little thing) then it's going to make a lot of people happy with Christmas.

#11 stezo2k

stezo2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:38 PM

Happy birthday xbox 360 smile.gif cant believe its been a year already

was just thinking to myself the 360 has some really great games behind its belt, especially gears of war

#12 Majkey88

Majkey88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:TV-Games in general and electronic
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

Happy Birthday my beloved smile.gif Mine was made one year ago, TODAY. If it wasnt for this news I would forget it smile.gif

#13 kidkinetix

kidkinetix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:14 PM

I'm surprised he didn't mention PE6 or Fifa not being on the competitors quite yet =]

Good 'ol 360. Pleny of stuff on there I still want to experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users