• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:XBOX! HOCKEY! POT AND SHROOMS! BEER!

Posted 20 May 2003 - 05:58 AM

I put every episode of south park on my xbox and sometimes the audio is way off with the video, this happens worse in some movies. I have heard that VirtualDub can help fix this. Can someone give me the low-down on this program and how to use it. thats you're helping out a lot of people!

#2 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:23 AM

First of all, get Virtualdub, available here: http://www.virtualdub.org/

Now, open up virtualdub, click "File" "Open Video File" and select your file.

If the file is in AVI format, you can select DIRECT STREAM COPY under both the Video and Audio tabs, if not, you'll need to set up the compression for video.

user posted image

Under the audio tab, select "Interleaving" and set your "Audio skew correction" to whatever you think is needed (in milliseconds).

user posted image

You can go to "File" "Preview" or press "F5" to preview the movie to check if the audio is right.
beerchug.gif

Alternatively, you can press up or down on the xbox's joypad in XBMP to fix the audio as well smile.gif

Edited by gainpresence, 20 May 2003 - 08:24 AM.

#3 nyarrgh

nyarrgh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2003 - 02:50 PM

Some of my movies play fine in the PC and in Virtualdub, but has sync issues in the XBOX. Will this also fix it? by re-interleaving the audio video? or is that a different issue?

#4 thomes08

thomes08

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:XBOX! HOCKEY! POT AND SHROOMS! BEER!

Posted 20 May 2003 - 06:30 PM

Thanks a lot. Do i have to preview it for it to fix it, or will it save the fixed file on its own. Thanks a lot already though it's a great help!

#5 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:54 AM

The preview is just to see if it is synced. You'll need to "Save as AVI" when you get everything working.

Some of my movies play fine in the PC and in Virtualdub, but has sync issues in the XBOX. Will this also fix it? by re-interleaving the audio video? or is that a different issue?

You can press "Up" and "Down" on the xbox Dpad while you're watching the video to correct the sync on-the-fly (in XBMP).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users