• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wwwyzzerdd

wwwyzzerdd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Modding and repairing game consoles and computers, and jammin on the guitar
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:57 AM

i want to flash the tsop in my 1.0 xbox using the softmod way(ive already soldered the points and everything) but all the guides ive seen all say i need 007 and i have mechassault and splinter cell but not 007, so does anyone know where i can get a gamesave that uses splinter cell or mechassault?

thanks

#2 Mexpac

Mexpac

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:29 AM

I do not know if this is going to help you or not, but I was in the same position as you 2 days ago.

I had a friend who had an already softmoded HD with Splinter Cell and I had a 1.1 Xbox with a matrix modchip. I read in another post that you can flash the TSOP with a softmod (did not specify wich one) and with the evolution x flasher as long as the TSOP were not a Winbond.

I prepared a X4981 bios with xboxtool (did a 512 since I installed a switch) transfer to my friends HD, Unlocked his HD and placed it on my Xbox, Then locked the HD to my Xbox and removed the matrix modchip.

I turned on the xbox with the switch on (as posted in the swhitch tutorial) and just flashed the TSOP with the evolution flash utility (was as easy as flashing my matrix modchip).

So as long as you have an already softmoded Xbox, and followed the tutorials to prepare your Xbox soldering points, switch, and proper Bios depending on your xbox version, you can flash it with the evolution x flashing utility as long as your TSOP is not a Winbond.

But just to be sure wait until a TSOP flashing expert in this forum agree or disagree with that statement.

And Good luck with it.

#3 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:09 PM

I totally agree, But 1.0/1.1,s do not have winbonds and you would still need to check the TSOP chip. It might be a Sharp branded TSOP.

Have fun!! smile.gif

EDIT: Also, to add, if you install and EvolutionX build 3935 it will automatically resize the bios you choose. So no need to resize, You can use a 256K or a 512K sized bios. No need for a switch if you choose not to.

I also need to add, make sure you disable DVD rom check. Might make things a lil easier in the future and it also makes the xbox boot faster.

Edited by JrracinFan8, 04 December 2006 - 04:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users