3 replies to this topic

#1 rich_bell20

rich_bell20

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:52 PM

Hello there, I'm trying to flash my drive with xtreme 4.2a and it's starting to drive me a little mad now. I live in the uk and initially purchased the ali card reccomended on geebees v4.1 tutorial, but then realised i had an ms28 and only via chipsets were compatible with this. I've since ordered the vt 6421l card from the usa and arrived this morning but I cant get it to discover my drive. I managed to get it to find my drive with edited mtkflash on the ali card with my pc dvd drive plugged in, but then it crashed due to me having an ms28, but i can't get it to find my dvd drive at all with the vt6421l. There are 3 sata slots on the card and i've tried them all. I've also since realised that i have an asus av600 motherboard with vt8237 chipset and has 2 on board sata ports. If anybody can help me to flash my dvd drive using any of these ports i would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

#2 Kramer987

Kramer987

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:i love to mod :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:09 PM

i left you a private message. with the chipset that you have you can easily flash your drive with the onboard sata. the 8237 chipset is the best chipset for flashing any type of drive. it is the most compatible. i left you a PM. check it. then i'll help you

#3 Nikotine

Nikotine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Kramer987 @ Dec 4 2006, 10:45 AM) View Post

i left you a private message. with the chipset that you have you can easily flash your drive with the onboard sata. the 8237 chipset is the best chipset for flashing any type of drive. it is the most compatible. i left you a PM. check it. then i'll help you

Yeah but how does that help the rest of us looking for solutions?

You should post solution here not through PM's.

This is a forum not AolIM.

#4 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:53 PM

all this should have been discussed in Newbie chat

as per the pinned No newbie post (include all activity with setting up your environment for flash)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users