• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thai21

thai21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

I know you can directly flash the drive and still go on XBL without problems so what is the point of all of these modchips?

I am trying to decide if I want to use a modchip or just flash the drive? Can someone list the pros and cons of each?

Thanks in advance!

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:53 PM

Please search a little...this has been asked 1000 times. Try the General 360 Hacking section and you will find more info....as this is the technical forum.

#3 Alize

Alize

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Web Developing (PHP, MySQL, CSS)<br />Flash Development (ActionScript)
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:07 AM

The reason for these modchips is to make it available for EVERYONE to have flashed firmware as some people dont have access to a SATA chipset etc etc, if you are able to flash your 360 with your chipset, dont waste your money and time on a modchip, learn and do it yourself!

#4 lord^infamous

lord^infamous

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(Alize @ Dec 5 2006, 03:14 AM) View Post

The reason for these modchips is to make it available for EVERYONE to have flashed firmware as some people dont have access to a SATA chipset etc etc, if you are able to flash your 360 with your chipset, dont waste your money and time on a modchip, learn and do it yourself!

If you think about it, you can spend the same amount if not less on a pci sata card that will work just as well as these addon firmware chips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users