• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 merlinmagic

merlinmagic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:27 AM

OK, so here is what I have. A working ver 1.2 with a executer 2.6 120 gig W/D. and another xbox ver 1.0 with a bad tsop (no video ,audio or eject on boot. The non working box will boot with the chip and hard drive out of the other xbox. and i could build another hard drive for my currently chipped box, lock it and remove the chip and use it and my current hard drive to fix the other box, but how can i do this without doing all that? CAN I REPAIR THE ONBOARD TSOP? so that that box will load its own eeprom and boot from the hard drive thats already in it(factory 10 gig)?My wife wants to softmod it and give it to her brother for christmas, and i dont want to have to buy a chip....... blink.gif

#2 Mexpac

Mexpac

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:49 AM

How did you mess your TSOP in the first place? if you flashed an incorrect bios size (like a 256KB bios on your 1.0 Xbox) maybe you can add a switch to fix it. There are some tutorials here about fixing a bad TSOP, but they involve to have a modchip like a matrix (the easiest one I read) or other ones like the 29 wire modchip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users