#1 PS3Scene

PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:36 AM

Official PS3OS v1.30 Changelog
Posted by XanTium | 6-12-2006 20:36 EST

Sony finally released the changelog for their v1.30 PS3 OS. I wonder why they always have to wait 1 day after the release before telling us what changed ... anyways ... here it is:

* Settings
-You can now register the BD remote control in [Register Bluetooth Device] under [Accessory Settings].
-[BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [BD/DVD Settings].
-[Backup Utility] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
-You can now select the hard disk format method in [Format Utility] and [Restore PS3 System] under [System Settings].
-The method of selecting output resolution has been changed in [Video Output Settings] under [Display Settings].
* Other
-The compatibility of USB devices with PlayStation 2 format software titles has changed. For details on USB devices that can be used with system software version 1.30, select here.

#2 dvsone

dvsone

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:03 AM

It totally sucks that you can't use universal remotes with the PS3! I have a Logitech Harmony 880 that controls everything from my tv, amp, cable box, xbox & 360, HDD recorder and air conditioners. I hate this bluetooth crap!

Edited by dvsone, 07 December 2006 - 08:03 AM.

#3 thax

thax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:51 PM

I have heard of the UHF Harmony, it is pretty expensive. I don't think anyone will be making a bluetooth remote any time soon, there just isn't enough devices and the cost of such a device would also be enormous. It is pretty lame that Sony didn't include some sort of IR port, or even an optional add-on IR sensor, to allow universal remotes to function.

Edited by thax, 07 December 2006 - 05:51 PM.

#4 kidkinetix

kidkinetix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:03 PM

No remote support... another glaring oversite.

Even if a remote was created with blue tooth support it would need a craddle to CONSTANTLY be charging when it wasn't in use.

IR support should have been a given. Surely they'll come out with a simple usb remote / reciever solution down the road. But come on, is this thing supposed to be a good Blu Ray solution or not?

#5 calderra

calderra

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(kidkinetix @ Dec 7 2006, 08:10 PM) View Post

But come on, is this thing supposed to be a good Blu Ray solution or not?

Not? Heh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users