2 replies to this topic

#1 Darkknight1201

Darkknight1201

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:02 PM

ok well I got my Maxtor 40Gb 7200RPM hard drive to work lastnight but I don't think it was running that great cause it was pretty hot,but anyways I wake up this morning and I turn the xbox on and the Matrix mod chip blinks red to green and then green keeps blinking and on the tv it says you need service call tech support. I was like ummm ok so I disconnected everything and plugged it back together thinking something came loose, and when I started it again this time the matrix modchip doesn't light up. I swapped the Maxtor with my original Western Digital hard drive and the matrix modchip booted back up without a problem and brought me to the Evox dashboard. Anyone have any ideas why my Maxtor hard drive isn't working now and the modchip wont even turn on when that hard drive is in the xbox?

#2 froescheD

froescheD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:09 PM

did you allign the chip while changing the hdd?

#3 Darkknight1201

Darkknight1201

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:13 PM

I never had to reallign it again, I haven't even touched it since I put it in. but I mean I was able to just unplug my maxtor drive and plug the IDE cable into the Western Digital and the mod chip turns on and everything is ok. Now one thing I did notice though when I boot into the Evox dashboard it says Bios unknown is that good or bad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users