• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Blitzkeg

Blitzkeg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:25 AM

ok, heres the problem, me and my friend where downloading some games onto his xbox. The games were Jaws Unleashed and the latest Mortal Kombat. The download and all seemed to go fine, no errors or anything. But when we clicked on the games, Avalaunch would say its loading the game before going into the black screen before the game started, this time, after it said it was loading, instead of starting the game it would just reboot Avalaunch. After that no other downloaded game or application worked, it just kept rebooting Avalaunch, and we couldn't even play it off the disk.

the xbox is my friends so I'm not sure about all the specifications and stuff but im pretty sure he's got EvoX, with the Avalaunch dashboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated

yes...im a noob

#2 SirLuck

SirLuck

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

Are ANY games starting from Avalaunch? If any do, its proof that the problem is in the new games you installed. Did you remember to patch them? Do they start from other dashboards? The problem is most likely the game. Good luck.

#3 Blitzkeg

Blitzkeg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

i was thinking that it was the new games as well but, no games launch. whenever we tried to launch them it would just reset the Xbox and take us straight back to avalaunch

#4 Gr33n

Gr33n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:48 AM

I'm having the same problem...SOmeone told me that that my hd probably became corrupt from transferring several gigs of data constantly...I havtn't tried formatting it yet....I'll let you know if this fixes it as soon as I get a chance...GL

Gr33n

#5 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

I too am having a problem with this. I really could use some help as I am borrowing a relative's xbox while they are out of town. If it's like this when they get back they will KILL me. Can someone who has expertise in this field PLEASE help us newbies out?

Thank you!!! smile.gif

#6 NoFace

NoFace

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

Avalaunch, when it goes black and then comes back, is telling you that the xbe is unbootable. Try looking around on the internet for hard drive patches for the xbes of the games you are trying to play.

#7 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

The problem is all those games (like 40-50 of them) were working fine. The only thing I differently was to rip my badly scratched D&D Xbox game to the HD which caused it to freeze each time I tried. I then would restart. I tried that about 10 times before giving up and manually deleting all the D&D files that were left on the hard drive. Is it possible to screw up the HD so bad that this would occur? (the restarting issue) If anyone out there can help me I just need to get this thing back to the way it was before said relative kills me in my sleep upon returning to a broken modded xbox. Please, help me someone!!! Would opening up the EEPROM to be rewritten help or would that get me into deeper S***?
ANY IDEAS?!?

#8 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

Just to further test my xbox just ripped Ghost Recon. It ripped just fine. I then rebooted and tried to play it. The same thing happened:

I click on GAMES
I go to GHOST RECON and hit the A button
The little green circle where the power is on the xbox flashes red briefly and the whole system restarts.

Someone out there has to have had this problem and ANY help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

-Mr. Tearing his hair out in anticipation of family revenge

#9 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:32 AM

I have even more info that may help. From what my mad scientist roommate tells me it seems the problem maybe in EEPROM.

Also, I know this to have happened:
During a few of the DVD rips I spoke of earlier the xbox froze so I had to turn it on and off again and after that I saw some things on the E partition called EEPROMbackupbeforelockout.bin .cfg ect. Not sure if they were there before or not but I did notice them after.

Also- I tried to run the NORMAL Xbox without the Xecuter chip on and I could not even run normal xbox games. Instead I got an error message saying:
"Your Xbox requires service. Please call the Customer Care number listed in your Instruction Manual."

Help me, I'm running out of hair to pull out!!!

Thanks!

#10 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

My emulators and roms are working just fine. It's ONLY loading xbox games from either the dvd-rom or from the hard drive that is causing issues. I am starting to think this could be an easier fix than I thought since the main problem is that the system restarts when trying to load .xbe titles only. Does anyone know which file on my xbox may have been corrupted or what I could try replacing to get this thing functioning again? I could really use some help here and hopefully some of you skillled modders can help someone new to this. I am getting interested in trying my hands at modding once I get this fixed. Perhaps I'll start with a broken xbox...

#11 Gr33n

Gr33n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

More than likely your hard drive has become corrupt...Reformat.

#12 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:06 AM

Did that work on your xbox? If I reformat I am not sure if I can get all the games that were on there back on. I guess I am going to be murdered by my soon to be brother in law regardless of what I do. I was just hoping there was another solution. I'm not even sure where to begin.

How exactly do I reformat the HD? Do I have to take it out and hook it up to my computer. I have tried FTPing to the xbox from my laptop and I can't get it to work no matter what I try. I've tried everything I can think of. Does anyone live in Western Washingon, perhaps on the eastside from Seattle? I need some serious help and I'll pay you or trade you something in return if you can fix this without losing all the games on it.

Are there ANY other reasons it would be restarting other than a corrupt HD? Also, what makes a HD corrupt, just rewriting to it over and over again? Damn, that sucks.....

#13 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:00 AM

Now that I have read up on this I believe that reformatting is the incorrect answer. Yes, it will work but I will have to start from scratch which is the entire reason I am avoiding such an action. The answer is out there and hopefully someone who has been through this nightmare will post an answer soon to all of us crying and drooling babies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users