Photo

Urgent: Colorado Members, Specifically Those In Northen Colorado!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jer

Jer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:07 PM

(Mods please leave this thread at least through the weekend as it's being voted on by the house of representatives tomorrow and I know it is something that many here will find useful as it's hard to get updates on this kind of thing especially if you don't know it exists. I'll also post back the results for those that want to know. Thanks xbox-scene!!)

For those that don't know there's been an ongoing battle to get over the air broadcasting of all the local channels in HD for northern Colorado for years. This is the first time we've had some positive news and if it passes it means that you will be able to use a regular antenna to get ALL the local channels in HD w/o having to pay a monthly fee. A HD tuner and a simple TV antenna (can be anywhere from a $19 RadioShack special that sits on top of your T to an elaborate roof mounted antenna) is all you will need to get all the locals in full HD w/o paying a single dime for a monthly HD package.

Lake Cedar Group has gotten a bill into Congress (The legislation is SB 4092) that will allow feds to override local zoning on telecomunications. It passed the Senate today (!!!) but, it still needs to pass the House of Representatives.

THEY ARE VOTING FRIDAY (TOMORROW), so we all need to call them ASAP to show our support. (Even leaving a message at their offices tonight). I hate emails that say this but FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE IN NORTHERN COLORADO THAT YOU KNOW!

Please call the following offices as soon as possible and tell them that 9 years without HDTV is enough and you want free over the air HDTV in Denver and you support the pending legislation.
--------------------------------

I recommend calling as the vote is tomorrow (Friday) and an email may take too long to get read. (But doing both can't hurt either)

Representative Tom Tancredo 202.225.7882
District Office 720.283.9772
*or here to send Representative Tancredo an email
http://tancredo.hous...ontacttom.shtml

Representative Diana DeGette 202.225.4431
District Office: 303.844.4988
*or here to send Representative DeGette an email
Congresswoman Diana DeGette, Representing Colorado's First District: Homepage

Representative Mark Udall 202.225.2161
District Offices: 303.650.7820
*or here to send Representative Udall an email
http://markudall.hou...ontact Mark.htm

Representative Marilyn Musgrave 202.225.4676
District Offices 970.201.1158
*or here to send Representative Musgrave an email
Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave

Just think... before long we could have ALL the local channels in full high def w/o paying a single thin dime. Please take 5min to ensure that this is possible even if you don't have a HDTV right now as this window may not present itself for many years to come again. We get one shot at this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users