• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tehcypress

tehcypress

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:10 PM

I recently bought a modded xbox. It has an Xecutor chip in it, however, I have no idea which one. I tried to install the latest XBMC and followed their tutorials from xboxmediacenter.com for both installing as an Application and installing as a dashboard. Seeing how I was a complete noob, I followed the directions verbatim, and only changed one thing, where it said to rename the current dashboard to an alternate bootable name. :
1. Find out what the dashboard on your Xbox is (usually evoxdash.xbe in C:)
2. Rename your current dashboard to an alternate bootable name. This will be used as a fallback if execution of the new shortcut fails. Consult the table below, or www.xbox-scene.com for details on your dash.
The thing is, I had 2 .xbe files in my C: whan was evoxdash.xbe , and the other was xboxdash.xbe . I changed both names to .xbe1 and replaced them both with the one provided by xboxmediacenter's tutorial.

Now, every time I boot up the xbox, it just stops and hangs on the modchip screen....it has a big xbox logo and at the bottom it says "Xecuter rox my box"

Would anyone please tell me what to do? I really would like to recover my xbox. I think that all I would have to do is just rename those files back to their original names. How would I go about doing that? Could I just plug my xbox hd inside of my pc?

Thanks for the help.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:59 PM

If the drive isn't locked, you can put it in the PC. Use Xbplorer360 to view the drive in windows.

You can also make a boot disk with one of the autoinstallers such as AID or Slayer's. That would get you FTP access so you can rename the file.

You need to leave xboxdash.xbe alone. That is the Xbox dash. evoxdash.xbe should be renamed evox.xbe and rename the default.xbe from XBMC to evoxdash.xbe.

Got it? sounds a little confusing, but read it a couple of times.

#3 tehcypress

tehcypress

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the info 1hotjob, however, I did it another way. I downloaded xboxhdm, and read somewhere, sorry, I forget where, I've read over 100tutorials in the last 4hrs, that I could unplug the dvd drive and then while the xbox logo is up, unplug the HD and hotswap it in my computer. I did just that and I renamed the files that I had to rename. Everything is back to normal now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users