JapanFred

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 May 2003 - 09:11 PM

Hey,

i heard that with a Xbox 1.1 and a MAtrix mod on mode 1, it was ALLways flash Red, is this true? If so i've just spent1 hours aligning it, and it's been a waste, lmao!

Thanks

JF!

#2 Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 09:43 AM

Yes It's True....

#3 ranciddc

ranciddc

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 07:12 PM

atleast you only spent 1 hour i spent over 3 hours to find out this shit..they should tell you that on the instructions that with a 1.1 you have to do different things

#4 rickyd

rickyd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 07:14 PM

From my experience when I first turn the Xbox on with the chip in mode 1
it will flash green for half a second then flash red
for the rest of the time.

#5 ranciddc

ranciddc

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 07:20 PM

i got that but when i set it to mode 3 i either get the following...it turns on and off 3 times then comes up and wont boot backups or it just loads and wont boot backups. How are we to know when the thing is aligned???

#6 shurikn64

shurikn64

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 12:22 PM

It happens the same for me.
So I just soldered this D0 point to the pin but it just wont load the bios (3 times booting thing) : This cant be a alignement pb !!!

Im going mad with this damn matrix modchip grr.gif grr.gif

Now I will try another bios but without any feeling about it sad.gif

#7 DanFD82

DanFD82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, same problem over here.
I flashed the chip on my PC with many BIOSes but it's always the same: when I install the Matrix in my Xbox it blinks shortly green and then red in test mode (okay for Xbox 1.1).
Then I change the mode to mode 2 and it boots 3 times...
I don't think it tries to read from CD and so it would be hard to install EvolutionX.

Does anybody know why this 3-boot-thing is?
What do I have to do to get it running??? Can you hear the desperation in my words sad.gif

#8 Sonrics

Sonrics

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 May 2003 - 04:47 PM

I was able to align it in test mode, green for half sec then red, turn dip switches to mode 2, then constant green. You may have gotten a bad flash or something, make sure u verify flashing when flashing chip.

#9 ranciddc

ranciddc

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 04:50 PM

i too got the half sec of green then in mode 2 solid green but still no go..took it out and reflashed same ordeal

#10 DanFD82

DanFD82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (ranciddc @ May 22 2003, 09:20 PM)
...How are we to know when the thing is aligned???

I think this is the important question.
I always verify when flashing the chip, I don't think that's the cause.
But since test mode doesn't work correctly on 1.1 it is hard to find out whether Matrix is aligned.

#11 rickyd

rickyd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 09:10 PM

With a 1.1 and after seeing on mode 1 the green for a half second then blinking red, i'll put it on mode 2. If I can get the xbox logo to come up (blue because of the bios) then it worked. If the system kept resetting like you guys mentioned then I would just go back to aligning the chip. Trial and error pretty much. I dident have solder in the LPC holes so I made sure that the pogo pins did NOT go into the holes. Hope this helps.

#12 FIREitUP

FIREitUP

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:03 PM

if anyone needs help you can send your xbox and chip to me and ill fix it (if it requires wires to fix it then it will cost around 10 if not then ill do it for free) i can also help you guys online. good luck guys. if you guys give up and just end up buying a cheapmod or x2lite you can send it to me and ill do it for free. good modding all!

#13 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 03:55 AM

Scooby-Doo, you should really get your facts straight before answering a question. In a version 1.1 XBOX, a Matrix modchip will flash red continuously IF the modchip isn't aligned properly.

If there is a proper alignment, the Matrix will flash green for a second and than it will flash red. This, however, doesn't put one into the clear. If you change the Matrix to mode 2, 3, or 4, and you get the unbearable on-off, on-off, on-off, this means that you really didn't have a proper alignment.

The easiest fix for this (depending on how you look at it), will be to take out the motherboard, solder a wire to the alternate d0 site, and take the other end and solder it to the top of the Matrix d0 pogo pin. It may sound difficult, but it's actually quite easy to do. Remember to put a piece of electrical tape over the original d0 point, so there isn't any contact between the pogo pin and the motherboard. The LPC points should still be making contact with the pogo pins on the Matrix.

Hope this helps

biggrin.gif

sharpie00

#14 shurikn64

shurikn64

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 11:38 AM

Hi

I finally get it !!!
But not without a big soldering work:

I first solder the D0 point but this won't be efficient...
So I finally decided to solder this LCP points to the matrix and...

It finally works well!!! jester.gif jester.gif

Sure that is the best way to get all the contacts in this modchip really effective

So if U dont want to solder all this point, just take really care about this LCP points because they are the ones which makes problems (in my case): u can try to fill these points with ur iron and some soldering material (that s wont work for me but I didnt understand why)

I had the same problem with all people in this topic with my v1.1 xbox so if u have a good mode alignement and still the 3 times booting thing just think about the LCP points...

I hope it'll work for U as it works for me
beerchug.gif

#15 algee

algee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 07:32 PM

Seems to me that the whole mode 1 test cycle is bunk, at least with v1.1 xboxes.

I racked my brain trying to get the d0 point connected correctly and must have resoldered the thing 4 times before doing a bit more reading and finding out that mode 1 doesn't even work. I then went right back and switched it to mode 2 and I get a solid green light now.

I do have a different problem though ... I am getting the whole 3-boot cycle with the flashing red/green power light. has anyone found a solid reasoning for this problem and how to fix it?

I am pretty damn sure it doesn't have to do with my d0 connection, since its soldered together. I haven't filed my lpc holes, but I wanted to see if anyone has other ideas about this problem. It seemed to me that the lpc holes shouldn't really matter that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users