• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XGamerGT

XGamerGT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:18 AM

ok, the reason i did this was because i fucked my original HDD up, well, I had a backup of my eeprom, and it wasnt the right one! so i locked the damn drive with the wrong pass. anyways, back to subject. I want/need to know if the DuoX 2 can help me with this situation. CAN i build a new HDD from scratch using XBOXHDM, and then use the chip to my advantage to boot with the new HDD even if it isnt lockable or locked?? I havent seen this question on here, i looked. thats why i asked!....LMK

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:09 PM

Don't even need XBHDM . Fit the duoX install the new HDD then use Slayers 2.6 or AID 3 to format build and lock the HDD

#3 XGamerGT

XGamerGT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:35 PM

ok, so after i install the DuoX2 chip, I put the xbox back together, then install the new HDD, and the dvd rom should boot my slayers disc, then i can just format and build the partitions on the HDD from there, then lock the drive using congifmagic? and everything should be going good, correct? also, I have a "Samsung SP0802N" 80 GB HDD, will this work? UnlockX says that it isnt lockable, but it doesnt matter if it is locked or not when the chip is enabled, correct?

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:45 PM

Yes you can do it all in the Xbox using the autoinstaller.
If the drive is not lockable , it will not matter as the chip will still allow you to use an unlocked drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users