• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BIGphutte

BIGphutte

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:24 PM

Hey guys, been hovering in the background keeping quiet since the first xtreme release which I installed no problem and have been using untill now. I am trying to flash my hitachi 46d with the latest Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth_Rev2 firmware and I can't get it to work, I cant figure out whats up. Here's the situation, I crosswired my drive into modeb no problem and booted into windows, then I went into command prompt and typed the command D:\FLASH23S.BAT F 1987 the xtreme program runs and then just says "WARNING: A required XTREME file is missing! Please get the latest release of this package and unpack ALL the files into a directory, and then rerun the file. Now, I've downloaded the package 3 times, and extracted it, and the compressed files containing the fw's but its still doing this, I dont know what the problem is... Any input would be appreciated guys, thanks:)

#2 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:26 PM

Are you getting it from the 'usual places' (ie. xbins)?

#3 BIGphutte

BIGphutte

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:53 PM

Yea, got it from xbins, this is really getting to me.. I mist be doing somthing wrong.. I've now tried some older versions and its doing the same thing.. aaaa

Edited by BIGphutte, 10 December 2006 - 11:01 PM.

#4 ollie40

ollie40

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE(BIGphutte @ Dec 11 2006, 12:00 AM) View Post

Yea, got it from xbins, this is really getting to me.. I mist be doing somthing wrong.. I've now tried some older versions and its doing the same thing.. aaaa

Have you done a c:/restore.bat to put your firmware back to original.Then try to flash the new firmware
it should work with no problems.I have installed the same firmware from xbins with no problems so
there is no problem with the download off of xbins. biggrin.gif

I hope this helps you Ollie40.

#5 BIGphutte

BIGphutte

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:49 PM

thought that might of helped but flashed it back to the orig with the bird flasher fine, and then I cant flash it still:(

#6 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE(BIGphutte @ Dec 10 2006, 02:56 PM) View Post

thought that might of helped but flashed it back to the orig with the bird flasher fine, and then I cant flash it still:(

If I remember right... try putting all the files from the releases in the ROOT OF THE C: drive.

I beleieve for SOME people (cant exactly remember why) the files need to be in root c: otherwise a file cannot be found or something... try it and reply back. also highlight all files and right click goto properies and UNCHECK READ ONLY box (just for good measure)

::EDIT::
saw you used the birdy flasher.. not sure if this causes any problems for future use with garyopa releases.. there have been sooo many problems in past with birdy flasher it might be the case.. I do not know why it would matter.

Edited by majik655, 11 December 2006 - 02:49 AM.

#7 Hill_Dill

Hill_Dill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:28 AM

I had this happen also. What you need to do is make sure your files are in the directory you are using for the flasher. Do "cd C:\whatever". I believe the folder is named "X-LG", so put that in your C drive. Then "cd C:\X-LG". I'm doing this all from memory, but it should work.

#8 langnao

langnao

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:53 AM

Make sure the following files are all in the same folder. Otherwise you will have the missing file error:

46flash.exe
47flash.exe
59flash.exe
memdump.exe
getfw.exe
patch.exe
firm.exe
chop.exe
qfc.exe
fwpack.rar

#9 aross6

aross6

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(BIGphutte @ Dec 10 2006, 03:31 PM) View Post

Now, I've downloaded the package 3 times, and extracted it, and the compressed files containing the fw's...

This sounds to me like you downloaded the package, extracted it, and then uncompressed other files within the package..., and hence you are getting the error

just download the package, extract it, and go from there....

#10 lllN30lll

lllN30lll

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:57 PM

reading the batch file says this:-

if NOT exist 46flash.exe goto MISSING
if NOT exist 47flash.exe goto MISSING
if NOT exist 59flash.exe goto MISSING
if NOT exist memdump.exe goto MISSING