• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 joshhuah

joshhuah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:06 AM

I canít believe that one of my favorite artists is included in this list of 50 worst artists in music history. How can this happen? I guess youíll have to see this. Iím sure one of your favorite artists is also included there.
Creed, 98 degrees and Air supply are belong to the list of the worst artist in music history.

View more here: http://www.blender.c...x...66&src=gm45

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

At my wedding the DJ wanted to know requests. Our only request was don't play Creed or Celine Dion. IPB Image

Not a bad list though. Although I like Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Edited by throwingks, 11 December 2006 - 03:37 PM.

#3 Trex666

Trex666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Trance/Gothic/Metal music, Linux, XBMC, Blackbox, Last.fm, Foobar, UIX, XDSL, Xecuter
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:42 PM

What the hell is wrong with creed?

#4 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:32 AM

I cant belive they have Jamiroquai on that list, Jay Kay, and the other band members are some of the most talented musicians the UK has ever produced.

Thats the only band im really bothered about, sure Primus are good too. But Jamiroquai is way too good to be on that list. For me they'd be in the top 50 bands, and near the top too.

btw, if you dont know the band, get yourslef on youtube and look at some of their videos, they are great live too, although ive only seen them once, i was blown away.

Edited by netdevil69, 12 December 2006 - 12:33 AM.

#5 joshhuah

joshhuah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:39 AM

You got your point there, I guess Jamoraquai is a good performer I saw him performing live too! Also I love the music of creed, I can't believed why these artist are included in that list!

#6 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY "HEY R U THERE?"

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:04 AM

I disagree with quite a few of those on the list. They've got the Doors as one of the worst artists ever, yet they have My Chemical Romance plastered all over the front page??

#7 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:51 AM

The problem is its all opinion. Ask me what I think the top 50 worst artists are? I'll tell you they all come from either the rap, country, or 'pop' sections of music. Does that mean I'm right? Or does it mean I dislike that music and therefore dislike the individual bands.

For example, I like Toad the Wet Sprocket, they have them as #48, and they list Manowar is being 'gay', not that they arent entitled to their opinions but they mention (keep in mind there is, and I'm quoting "none more metal, none more gay") Judas Priest (I certainly hope someone else gets that).

The Doors and the Goo Goo Dolls are half decent, maybe not great bands, but part of the 50 worst? I'm sorry, I can find 50 bands that have done waaaaay worse and churned out much worse music than them, musical tastes aside.

Anyways, theres a lot of issues with it, keep in mind, this list was probably compiled by the guy who wrote it walking around going "Hey, whats you least favorite band" to 50 people.

On a side note a few of the bands/people that DID deserve to be on there:
Celine Dion
Kenny G
Mike Bolton
Vanilla Ice
Yanni
And they didnt deserve 1st (only because a few of the 'songs' they did were funny as hell) but they deffinetly needed to be on there, ICP

Edited by thewickedjester, 13 December 2006 - 07:55 AM.

#8 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:22 AM

Creed is terrible.

rappers with the word "lil' in their name

#9 Raging Walrus

Raging Walrus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

Creed is probably one of the best bands ever! If you think they suck, get their album 'Weathered'. You'll be quite amazed if you actually took the time to listen to them. Faves on there are Bullets, Who's Got My Back?, One Last Breath, My Sacrifice, Stand Here With Me, Weathered, Hide, and Don't Stop Dancing. Really they aren't that bad of a band.

Anyways, I really hate these bands:

Senses Fail
Silverstein
Saosin

#10 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

We can argue back and forth about Creed. If you like them, AT ALL, you might like Any of the 30 other bands or so they ripped off. Or any other band whatsoever that has true musical talent.

Search for 'Creed Sucks' in Google and you will find a brazillion other reasons why they made that list and deservingly so.

Edited by throwingks, 15 December 2006 - 03:56 PM.

#11 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:05 AM

I, like others, disagree with some of their choices and agree with others.

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Dec 13 2006, 02:58 AM) View Post
The problem is its all opinion.
Yes, and on top of it all, this list comes from blender.com. They know as much about music as Jay Leno does about comedy.

#12 Vfreitas

Vfreitas

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:54 AM

Although their music does bore me now, I like how they listed Insane Clown Posse as the worst group, when those guys are making a killing. Back in junior high I was into them for a bit, and I swear those guys must be in the top 10 of artists with most sold merchandise. I've never seen more people with band related crap, from clothing to piercings. I wonder if there is a list like that somewhere.. blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users