Photo

Possible To Prep A Xbox Hdd Through Windows?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimmyfork

jimmyfork

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:16 AM

When updating to a newer version of xbmc something must have gone wrong because my xbox won't get passed the "bling bling" screen before the main menu appears, it just freezes.
The cd-rom drive in the xbox can not read cd-r's or dvd-r's, therefor i cannot use any cd's.
Is it in any way possible to fix my hdd in this position?

Jimmyfork

#2 dalvenjia

dalvenjia

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:46 AM

assuming you softmoded your xbox try coldbootig your original game with the exploit gamesave (if you did not erase it)

Then use FTP to transfer XBMC or any other dash to your box

cheers

#3 fleagal

fleagal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:47 PM

I had this problem when moving to xbmc 2.0. One of the xbox wiki solutions is as follows:

I use EvoX (ie. EvolutionX) as my primary bootup dashboard and I'm experiencing crashes, hangs, freezes, slow playback/loading, performance issues and/or network problems in XBMC.

First of all make sure you are using the latest version of Evo-X. Also delete both "0face008" folders under E:\UDATA & E:\TDATA on your Xbox. Plus in Evo-X (evox.ini) disable both IGR (in game reset) and TSR (trainer), which both can cause problems. You also need to make sure date/time on Xbox is correct (correct it in Microsoft-Xbox-Dashboard). Try physically disconnect the network cable, if that helps then there's a EvoX to XBMC conflict, so make sure you then also use DHCP XBMC, same with static IP-address. In addition make sure that the video mode/standard option for XBMC is set to "Auto" in EvoX. If you still have problems in XBMC then try deleting: "E:\Cache\*.*", "Y:\*.*", "X:\*.*", "Z:\*.*". (Note! If use DHCP with EvoX make sure you then also use DHCP XBMC, same with static IP).

BUT... I had the same problem and sorted it by deleting all XBMC and XBMP installations from the hard drive. I then copied the whole XBMC directory to the hard drive and everything worked fine. I wanted to keep XBMP as it was more resilient to poorly encoded media but in actual fact XBMC 2.0 has not failed me yet.

The above might not be applicable if you are using a soft mod or if you have set XBMC as your default dashboard in which case you may have to boot from a live disc like Slayers 2.7 which will allow reinstallation of key applications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users