#1 brpc

brpc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:39 PM

Let me first tell you my xbox 360 setup then I will go into my problem. First of all I have a launch XBOX 360 with an Hitachi 47DJ drive. I flashed the drive to I belive it was 1.2 with the media check fix and have been fine except for this last month. I use a pioneer 111d burner with matrix media. The first time i noticed a problem was with Open Season game. My kids played the game for hours then when i took the disc out i noticed on the outter edges small circluar marks on it. The next day i put it back in and my son wanted to start over. Well after the first level it wouldnt load I would get the dirty disc error. So i carefully tried to wipe out these circles it appeared to look a little better but they were still there. So far the game works. Then the second time I had this problem was with Gears of War. The first time i played it i would hear a loud clicking noise from time to time. I took the disc out and it had on it was looked to be almost a gum like substance on it and some circular scratches. I tried wiping these off to no avail. From time to time in the game I will get the dirty disc error. I tried it on disc same media and played the game for about 3 hours. opened up my xbox360 and getting the same problem again. The first time the xbox360 was laying down and when i tried the game again with same media i had it standing up. Of course i have not moved the system while it was on. Any ideas on this? could it be the media? or is my drive going? Both of these games spin the dvd drive up quite fast. Any help would be apperciated. Thanks again guys.

#2 Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Computer and console modification and customisation<br />Mechanical Engineering<br />Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:45 PM

cheap media is exactly that, cheap and nasty. use verbatims for best results.

it sounds like the disc is breaking down from the heat and forces of being spun at a couple of thousand rpm. cheap media not only kills your laser but costs you more as they usually stop working after a while.

Edited by Gazcoigne, 13 December 2006 - 01:47 PM.

#3 brpc

brpc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Gazcoigne @ Dec 13 2006, 08:52 AM) View Post

cheap media is exactly that, cheap and nasty. use verbatims for best results.

it sounds like the disc is breaking down from the heat and forces of being spun at a couple of thousand rpm. cheap media not only kills your laser but costs you more as they usually stop working after a while.

Also i forgot to mention that my friend next door also has the exact same setup but no problems like this. I will get some verbatims and try and see if I get the same result.

#4 Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Computer and console modification and customisation<br />Mechanical Engineering<br />Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(brpc @ Dec 13 2006, 01:04 PM) View Post

Also i forgot to mention that my friend next door also has the exact same setup but no problems like this. I will get some verbatims and try and see if I get the same result.

that doesnt make any difference at all. discs are as individual as people. some batches of discs from the same manufacturer can vary greatly from another.

ritek have 3 grades of quality, and label all the discs the same, only way you can tell the difference is when you use the disc and see how it performs.

if you use a good brand with a good dye then you are nearly guaranteed success every single time.

#5 brpc

brpc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Gazcoigne @ Dec 13 2006, 09:20 AM) View Post

that doesnt make any difference at all. discs are as individual as people. some batches of discs from the same manufacturer can vary greatly from another.

ritek have 3 grades of quality, and label all the discs the same, only way you can tell the difference is when you use the disc and see how it performs.

if you use a good brand with a good dye then you are nearly guaranteed success every single time.

ok well i am gonna pickup a 3 pack of verbatims and test it out with Gears of War I know for 100% sure this will be the test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users