• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yamahaaudiofan

yamahaaudiofan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:14 PM

i flashed 2 samsund MS25 drives so far but not the MS28, so once i put on the switch and flash it, do i resolder the resistor back on when im done.

#2 myfranco

myfranco

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

You better buy a via 6421 sata card.No need to risk

#3 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:04 AM

You do NOT have to replace the resistor but YOU DO have to connect the pads.. (closed circuit)

So you can either replace that small ass resistor (good luck) or just replace it with a blob of solder. Or just leave the switch on and put it all back together (with switch in closed posistion of course)

Its not that hard to remove and solder on the switch. But if you want to play it safe or you are unsure of your soldering skills.. you better just get the via 6421 chipset sata card.

#4 yamahaaudiofan

yamahaaudiofan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:07 AM

ok smile.gif thanks majik655 i can solder ok but yea, i saw the resistor and there is no way i can put that small ass thing back on lol so thanks, i will just leave the switch on it. smile.gif

#5 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(yamahaaudiofan @ Dec 13 2006, 03:14 PM) View Post

ok smile.gif thanks majik655 i can solder ok but yea, i saw the resistor and there is no way i can put that small ass thing back on lol so thanks, i will just leave the switch on it. smile.gif

Yeah I made the wires long enough to come out the back of the dvd drive... (wires are coming out of where the power is connector or the sata connecter is...) then I wrapped the switch in tape and taped it to the back of the dvd drive... I tapped the switch because if the switch should fall off the back of the drive.. then at least it will not short anything below. Yes this is not a great mod job but its what I did on mine (short term of course)

The resistor is 0k ohm...so a blob of solder will do fine also. but the circuit must be closed when done flashing otherwise it will not boot.

Edited by majik655, 14 December 2006 - 12:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users