Soligna

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:15 PM

I'm trying to download files onn the marketplace but no matter what it is, skin, icons etc it can't get past unzipping, I've been waiting over 10 mins for this file to unzip.

#2 Soligna

Soligna

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:37 PM

Also I'd like to add that my xbox also locks up when it tries to unzip more than 1 file, downloaded a splash screen fine, but can't download a wallpaper pack. IGR turns off, FTP turns off, can't cancel

#3 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:42 PM

You could just go to the website, www.tintense.com. And I clicked that link in your sig "If you spend more than 12 hours a day on your xbox click this" and almost pissed myself laughing.

#4 Soligna

Soligna

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:00 AM

I would like to get this marketplace to work, to lazy to get off my butt and go downstairs to download stuffs

#5 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:32 AM

is your e drive full?

#6 Soligna

Soligna

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 12:47 AM

nope, 1.7 gigs left

#7 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:32 AM

Let me guess. Is it saying the following?

"An error occoured while unzipping.
Corrupt file or not a zip file."

If that is the message, I have noticed that happening on mine for a little while now myself. And not with all files. I get that when grabbing the most recent Live Super mod. I usually get it with my PC, but sometimes i'm at a friends house or family member and don't have access to a PC (Within the range of the xbox.)

#8 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:36 AM

maybe cause of the mirrors or some of the things being stored in a file hosting site like 4shared

#9 Soligna

Soligna

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:32 AM

No, I'm not getting that message, it just hangs there, for hours. I left a file there almost 3 hours ago unzipping and its still not done, yet I can still ftp into my xbox. seems that it only locks on some files but still hangs

#10 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:27 AM

Like I said some of the files are stored in file hosting sites and the script that downloads and unzipps the stuff is not made to get things from any other site except tintense. It probably is not even downloading that stuff.

I have an idea, first try downloading one of my mods(I suggest this cause I know they are uploaded directly to tintense) and see if it works.

Then try downloading the gears of war theme, which I know is stored in a 4Shared account and see if that works.

#11 Soligna

Soligna

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:28 AM

Ok, going to be going to bed in a sec, I'll try that tomorrow

#12 Soligna

Soligna

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

Yep, that worked, unzipped emulauncher sucessfully but the GoW theme didn't. So how can I tell before downloading them?

#13 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

Currently there is no way to know before downloading. Reason being is there's no way of seeing the download link location. (Using xbmc that is..)

Thanks CHI3f for that info about the reasoning some stuff doesn't work and some does. Thats makes sense now. It's somewhat odd in a way that if there's only one method to upload stuff to tintense that the creator of the download script is in relation to tintense, it would still have this effect, UNTIL i remembered it allows mirror download for locations which is what breaks it, so that explained that as well.

I wondered if that might be 1 of the reasons TeamBB wanted to do Marketplace from scratch, instead of borrowing off on the current one, is to assure that by having everything ONLY be able to download from 1 source only (there own), nothing would get broken that way.
OR, to play devils advokate, maybe the current script could possibly be modified to include checking default site, and if error's, accessing others if the default location doesn't work. If one can access and download the file just fine on the PC, then some link location is properly stored somewhere that could be retrieved and used in some manner with the script. Ah, just brainstorming, just got off a long day's work, and still in wired mode. I'll shut up now. smile.gif

Either way, thanks for the explaination CHI3f!!! Whats next on your agenda? I like the classic BB skind you did, and the mods, as i really use Submenu items somewhat frequently, depending on what i'm doing. Have a good day.

Edited by djdafreund, 15 December 2006 - 11:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users