Photo

Does Gears Of War Push The 360 Too Hard?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jcdenton2003

jcdenton2003

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:36 AM

Im punching myself while im typing this but iv seen so meany people bricking there consoles while playing this game! Overheating.. the works. Mine has just screwed up from playing it for a hour because it overheated.. Yet i can play other games like fear for hours and hours with nothing but a slight increase in fan speed! Is it the game pushing the tech pass breaking point??

#2 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:56 AM

I've played GoW for 5hrs straight, and no problems whatsoever. And that goes for any 360 game. Your 360 has problems.

#3 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:42 AM

yeah me and my buddy would play GOW co-op for hours on end with no issues

#4 Thuggalo420DL

Thuggalo420DL

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:48 AM

I left my xbox on for over 2 weeks without going back to the dashboard or turning it off with no problems., playing for 12-18 hours a day. If your xbox is one of the few that is on the edge of overheating, this may be the game that sets it off. But it's not going to create a problem where it doesn't already exist.

#5 Dr Donkey Kong

Dr Donkey Kong

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Women, gaming, soccer, frisbee(ultimate, golf), and alcohol
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:10 AM

is your xbox made before July? Then you probably have a bad console...send it back if you are unable to send it back, you can try repairing it yourself...Overheating can be fixed with a new case/water cooling/fan cooling...do one of those...and Good Luck! Peace....I'm out

#6 Interfire

Interfire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:28 AM

I have 2 launch systems and both play GoW, for 8+ hours straight with no problems at all.

#7 pdawg17

pdawg17

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(Dr Donkey Kong @ Dec 13 2006, 07:17 PM) View Post

is your xbox made before July? Then you probably have a bad console...send it back if you are unable to send it back, you can try repairing it yourself...Overheating can be fixed with a new case/water cooling/fan cooling...do one of those...and Good Luck! Peace....I'm out

What changed in July?

#8 jcdenton2003

jcdenton2003

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

Just sent my 360 back and got it changed.. How do you know if it was made before july?? I noticed on the box my old one had a handle and this one doesnt.. Was crap carrying it home!

#9 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:47 AM

Look at the mfg date on the back. huh.gif laugh.gif

Difficult, i know, but it works. laugh.gif

#10 Gobelet

Gobelet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Webmastering, Gaming systems, PHP...
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:21 PM

Mine died after getting into the menus sad.gif I slapped it, let it cool down, and played for five more minutes... And then I figured : I have a launch console, and was only playing to light games (mainly arcade games, and Lego Star Wars II). So I rebooted the console but without letting it cool down or something. It stopped after getting back to dash, then after getting into menus of the game, then during the boot orb sequence, and then 3 ROL.

Called support, they gonna exchange it for free.

Edited by Gobelet, 15 December 2006 - 09:22 PM.

#11 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(jcdenton2003 @ Dec 13 2006, 04:43 PM) View Post

Im punching myself while im typing this but iv seen so meany people bricking there consoles while playing this game! Overheating.. the works. Mine has just screwed up from playing it for a hour because it overheated.. Yet i can play other games like fear for hours and hours with nothing but a slight increase in fan speed! Is it the game pushing the tech pass breaking point??

GOW is just pushing your graphics card harder than fear and your 360 can't handle it. You need to get a new one. I have played GOW for 12 hours straight and not a freeze up. I know it is not what you want to hear but it is probably what is going on. sad.gif

The develepors have said themselves it is not pushing the box to it's limits so that aint it.

#12 Sidewinder007z

Sidewinder007z

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:58 AM

Got my 360 on January 1st. System has run like a champ. I think as with all of these high end electronics items, there are bugs that take place in the production cycle. I feel there are about 1 - 2 percent failure rates which falls in line with past consoles. It is just this 1 - 2 percent of people are really taking to the internet...media...and make more noise than the people who are having no problems. It will always be like this now that the internet is around.

#13 Reddevilhome

Reddevilhome

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:43 PM

After a big night out last night, was feeling a little worse for wear today, so couldn't really be bothered to do anything. Anyway, put GOW on and went from mission 3 - complete on casual in about 3 1/2 hours. was really pleased i'd finished it as i only got it 2 days ago, and normally don't finish a game. So turned the xbox off, and had some tea.

After tea (approx 20 mins) turned it back on and decided to do it on hardcore, and try to find all the cog tags. Completed mission 1, and was just about to finish mission 2 when i heard the dvd drive slow down, and stop, and then a message came up saying that the disc couldn't be read please wipe with a soft cloth and restart your console.

Is this an overheating issue? I've only had my console for 3 months, and haven't had any problems like this before.

Thanks

Rich

#14 animex2

animex2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(Reddevilhome @ Dec 17 2006, 09:50 PM) View Post

After a big night out last night, was feeling a little worse for wear today, so couldn't really be bothered to do anything. Anyway, put GOW on and went from mission 3 - complete on casual in about 3 1/2 hours. was really pleased i'd finished it as i only got it 2 days ago, and normally don't finish a game. So turned the xbox off, and had some tea.

After tea (approx 20 mins) turned it back on and decided to do it on hardcore, and try to find all the cog tags. Completed mission 1, and was just about to finish mission 2 when i heard the dvd drive slow down, and stop, and then a message came up saying that the disc couldn't be read please wipe with a soft cloth and restart your console.

Is this an overheating issue? I've only had my console for 3 months, and haven't had any problems like this before.

Thanks

Rich

no its not, that happens all the time to me, there is probally some dust on the lazer or the disc itself. i havnt bothered to fix it beacuse it occours once in a month if even so its not worht risking. it did happen alot with dead rising for me though, swapped the game at the store, and worked alot better for whatever reason.

#15 evilgizmo

evilgizmo

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:43 PM

yeah my dead rising dead that all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users