• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mthrboard

Mthrboard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 04:03 AM

I just bought a 3rd party Xbox remote from eBay (the one that looks just like the original MS one), and I'm having a small problem using it in XBMP. It works fine with the MS DVD player, as well as in Evox, but when I go into XBMP, it repeats the button I press until I press another button...so when I hit pause, it cycles the pause on and off, playing a couple frames at a time, if I press an arrow, it keeps moving in that direction until it can't move any further, etc. I'm using XBMP v2.3 from 4/11/03. I've looked through the config.xml file, trying to find some setting that might fix this, but I didn't see anything. Was there something that I missed? Is this a known issue that's fixed in a newer version? I checked the bug tracker and the help forum on sourceforge, but didn't see anything about this issue. Do any of you know how I might fix this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#2 tbonessc

tbonessc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:27 AM

I have the same problem with xbmp 2.3 and 2.4 . I think I got the same remote off ebay. wink.gif That's what I get for trying to be cheap. I did notice that it works fine with evox dash though. So maybe there is a setting somewhere that can be tweaked. Also after I use the dvd remote the controller will no longer work.
I suppose the usb dongle is sending some kinda broken signal, because I removed the battery from the remote and the menu still scrolled, and scrolled, and scrolled.

#3 Morien

Morien

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:39 AM

This same thing happens with my original MS remote!
I'll upgrade to the latest CVS and hopefully itll just go away

#4 buckwilliamsca

buckwilliamsca

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Mthrboard @ May 20 2003, 10:03 PM)
I just bought a 3rd party Xbox remote from eBay (the one that looks just like the original MS one), and I'm having a small problem using it in XBMP. It works fine with the MS DVD player, as well as in Evox, but when I go into XBMP, it repeats the button I press until I press another button...so when I hit pause, it cycles the pause on and off, playing a couple frames at a time, if I press an arrow, it keeps moving in that direction until it can't move any further, etc. I'm using XBMP v2.3 from 4/11/03. I've looked through the config.xml file, trying to find some setting that might fix this, but I didn't see anything. Was there something that I missed? Is this a known issue that's fixed in a newer version? I checked the bug tracker and the help forum on sourceforge, but didn't see anything about this issue. Do any of you know how I might fix this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

trust me. they suck... I tried two of them

#5 anrefsah

anrefsah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 February 2004 - 06:56 PM

I also have the same problem with a original MS Xbox remote!
Someone who knows how to fix it, I using XBMP 2.4

Thanx uhh.gif

#6 bigdawg10163

bigdawg10163

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:00 PM

i had the same problem with a 3rd party remote... i got the lastest version of xbmp and it works fine now....

#7 anrefsah

anrefsah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:57 PM

Is 2.4 the latest version of XBMP ?

#8 lip

lip

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:26 AM

Guys,

The problem is not your remote.
You need to get the latest version of XBMP from "the usual places". Yes, 2.4 is the latest but you most likely do not have the latest build.

I had the same problem with an official M$ remote and the latest build corrected the problem. It was a known problem in your old build.

Cheers,

LIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users