sugarshane

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:31 PM

Ok... Let me make this real simple:

1. People can't hear me when playing

2. The Mic itself works, ( private chat, messages)

3. I can hear other people through the headset

4. When I talk while at the select teams screen, the bubble next to me name appears as if I'm talking, but noone can hear me

5. The mic is not on mute

6. I've tried unpluging it and plugging it back in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 sugarshane

sugarshane

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:08 PM

c'mon... Any suggestions would be helpful

#3 hakaveli

hakaveli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:46 PM

fortunately im not one of these people, but ive played with a few people who always have that bubble showing and i dont hear anythning though.. im guessing theyre thining it works and are trying to talk.. but yea i dont hear them until the match is over then ill hear them.. weird.. or maybe youre annoying and no one wants to respond to you? ive had that happen to me every now and then LOL grr.gif

#4 Evil Monkey 360

Evil Monkey 360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(sugarshane @ Dec 15 2006, 08:38 PM) View Post

Ok... Let me make this real simple:

1. People can't hear me when playing

2. The Mic itself works, ( private chat, messages)

3. I can hear other people through the headset

4. When I talk while at the select teams screen, the bubble next to me name appears as if I'm talking, but noone can hear me

5. The mic is not on mute

6. I've tried unpluging it and plugging it back in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ive found this problem to be a glitch with Gears of War online communications. The sound problem only occurs when a player joins a game mid way through, but the comms dont come on even if the player leaves and returns. The only way to correct this problem is for the host to annouce they are quitting the game to corect the sound problem and re-set up and re-invite everyone that was in the game.

Once everyone is back in the match, everyone should be able to hear each other. its works every time so far for me... its just really annoying when your playing a cycle of maps as the host and you like the maps at the end of the cycle. because you if you keep having to start again for comms you start from the first map again.

When I host I always wait and see if people stay before I restart, when your the host I think the people who you cant hear can hear you, so you can always warn them whats happening with the mics before they get frustrated and quit out.

Hope this helps... lets hope they release a patch update for it soon.

#5 l3thal dav3o

l3thal dav3o

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:36 AM

Does your mic work in other 360 games? cos when i got my 360 i had to unblock it to speak to peopel who werent on my friends list through family settings ect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users