Photo

Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox v3.0 - Flash HLG v78!

• Please log in to reply
602 replies to this topic

#556 delahmed

delahmed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(delahmed @ Jan 8 2007, 10:41 AM) View Post

i hooked up my hitachi 78k to my MSI montherboard's (VIA 8237) SATA and did the mode b stuff using salx 2.1 and windows did not detect a new DVD drive. HOWEVER, in device manager - i had a SATA drive which had the yellow excalamtion mark. All i did was right click and go to properties and update driver. Choose automtic location and widnows should automaitcally install it for you (no need to be connected to the net). From then on my 78FK drive is avaiable in windows.

I have been able to dump my original firwmare and use smart patch to create a hacked firmware - however my PC either kills the power or hangs in windows explorer when i try to see the difference between original and hacked firmware. This could be because i have not grounded correctly... both chasis' are touching each other physically. Im going to get some croc clips today.. hope that helps..

So i read this whole thread and it looks like there are mixed reports concerning the VIA 8237 chipset. I also have this (MSI montherboard). My problem was that the power kept cutting of when it tried to connect to the hitachi drive temprementally. I re-read all the posts in this thread and found that 4 some ppl, it worked once they updated thier bios, chipset, sata raid controllers, etc to the latest version. I did this and then made sure that the 360 chassis was physically touching the PC chassis (could not find crocodile clips in the shops). I then tried again, and this time it worked perfectly. I now have a modified 78K drive. Thanks to maximus and everyone in this thread for thier input. Also a big thanks to Textbook for his step by step tutorial (360mods) - it is the b0llox!

I have ordered a SAMSUNG SH-D162C DVD drive from Pixmania for 12.99 GBP. I intend to flash with Kreon 0.81 and then backup my 360 games using this drive and Xbox Backup Creator 2.3. I have now put my 360 back together again and look forward to NOT opening it ever again (unless maximus releases a 1.7 update).

Donating to maximus now.

#557 dupfold

dupfold

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:42 PM

Hello

I've got drive in to mode b using slax 2.1 and I'm up to the point where I have to insert a movie or game disc and wait 20 sec, however when I insert disc the drive ejects again before 20 sec's is up so I cannot get a raw dump.

What am I doing wrong please?

#558 ps2martin

ps2martin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

Read the topic! Thats been answered and asked for way to much...

Hello,

I just flashed my 0078, and all worked fine. I followed the steps, the flashing etc. all went well, I shut down my pc, reconnected the drive tot the xbox and powered it on... but the leds surrounding the power button are flashing in red and the box doesnt boot up at all... Is it bricked or is it possible that the drive is still in modeb? (thats my theory sinds I hope I didnt brick it wink.gif)

After flashing, I shut off my pc, took the drive of my connectivity kit (only used for power) and hooked it back up with the box. So if its still in modeb, is there an easy trick to get it back in a without taking the box apart again? (and if there isnt, what the other way?)

Thanks,

R

By the way, I also have VIA 8237 and the flashing part went perfect I asume, I didnt get any errors, it went just like in the video tutorial.

Edited by ps2martin, 11 January 2007 - 08:41 PM.

#559 dupfold

dupfold

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(dupfold @ Jan 11 2007, 08:49 PM) View Post

Hello

I've got drive in to mode b using slax 2.1 and I'm up to the point where I have to insert a movie or game disc and wait 20 sec, however when I insert disc the drive ejects again before 20 sec's is up so I cannot get a raw dump.

What am I doing wrong please?

sorry, please ignore this question, found the answer in the early pages.

#560 xMAD4ITx

xMAD4ITx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

Just a Quick qestion downloaded tool from here 5 times but still gettin the same error sad.gif (Runtime Error '339') componet 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid) huh.gif , Does anybody else have this prob. try to run it on XP pro.

#561 xMAD4ITx

xMAD4ITx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(xMAD4ITx @ Jan 12 2007, 02:42 PM) View Post

Just a Quick qestion downloaded tool from here 5 times but still gettin the same error sad.gif (Runtime Error '339') componet 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid) huh.gif , Does anybody else have this prob. try to run it on XP pro.

If you r having the same prob. just download this http://www.ascentive...me=MSWINSCK.OCX
rolleyes.gif

#562 adachan

adachan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:08 AM

I have a question for some of you that know more than I do. I have a 78 drive that was somehow flashed to a 59 drive (not by me). I bought it this way. Prior to the fall 2006 live update, the box worked great with a nme-360 chip in it. After the update, it e66s. I cut out the mod, and was wondering if there is anyway to use this tool, or some other tool to turn the drive back into a 78. I have tried this tool with the slax 2.0 cd to no avail, but I think that is because the drive shows up as a 59. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, the 360 itself works fine if I pull the DVD drive out.

#563 Happiegolucky1

Happiegolucky1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:X-Ecuter 2.3B LITE[+]
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:35 AM

So even though the drive shows all the signs of being in mode b, and shows up in windows, because I'm using slax and a via sata card it doesnt work with slax? Because I'm getting this error when I run command line to flash

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Xbox 360 stuff\hacked firmwar
e\Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth_Rev2\Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2
_3_Stealth_Rev2\X-LG>restore.bat g

* Maximus-garyOPA: Xtreme v2.2 Stealth *
* HITACHI ALL VERSIONS 8in1 *
* BASED ON THE WORK BY GARYOPA *
* Restores your x360 drive to ORIGINAL *

Detecting VERSION of drive...

The system cannot execute the specified program.

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

---------- VER.BIN

ERROR: Hitachi drive build was NOT detected!

WARNING: One of THREE things could be wrong!

#1: Check to see if your drive is in Windows
#2: Make sure you are using the right letter
#3: Your x360 drive is not a working version

Using Via VT6421 pci sata card
Any help highly appreciated

#564 m0z

m0z

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(SpankIt @ Jan 6 2007, 06:33 PM) View Post

Here is an e-mail that I sent to executer about the X360USB issues flashing the 00078K drives with Firmware toolbox 3.0. I kinda forgot to mention what drive I was having issues with. Woops.

I'm quite disappointed at the moment. After reading your website that stated it worked. I went ahead and purchased the X360USB from Modchips.ca. I've been trying and trying and nothing has worked thus far. After trying every possible way of getting it to work I have had no luck. I decided to go to the best resource for modding Xbox's. After reading all 36 pages of the thread (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=571755) the only conclusion that has come up with is that it in fact does not work. Since you guys claim that it does work I would recommend you either post the way you got it to work or I would like my money back for the product. This really isn't fair for all the people who have dished the money out for it to make it work based on your claims of it working and it doesn't.

Expecting to hear from you.
Thank you.

-Patrick

Here is all they had to say.

"mmm well we have sold over 90,000 units so far and there are hundreds
of posts from users on many websites who dont have a problem. im sorry
but a really dumb email. maybe just the one you have is faulty ? so
you should contact who you bought it from. i doubt its faulty though
as this email was as dumb as your technology skills - no offence ."

Don't they sound like a bunch of nice people over there. I sent them another e-mail explaining that its an issue with the 00078K drive. Il keep you posted on the progress made with this.

What a bunch of fucking pricks.

#565 MOE2FREAKY

MOE2FREAKY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:51 PM

Thanks Maximus. 5 v78 done successfully.

#566 mshack102

mshack102

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

after getting my 78 into mode b and starting the flashing tool, my pc locks up everytime i try to dump per textbooks instructions.

i've tried it on 3 different pc's and all lock up when trying to dump original firmware.

i get into mode b, start software, it says to insert game or movie, i insert an original 360 game, wait 15-20 seconds and press start, system locks everytime.

Help please.

Edited by mshack102, 21 January 2007 - 08:16 PM.

#567 SpankIt

SpankIt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(mshack102 @ Jan 21 2007, 02:22 PM) View Post

after getting my 78 into mode b and starting the flashing tool, my pc locks up everytime i try to dump per textbooks instructions.

i've tried it on 3 different pc's and all lock up when trying to dump original firmware.

i get into mode b, start software, it says to insert game or movie, i insert an original 360 game, wait 15-20 seconds and press start, system locks everytime.

Help please.

Are you using some kind of sata to USB converter? Because if you are thats what happens. It does not work with X360 USB or with any SATA to USB converter from what I understand. I had the same ssue with my X360 USB. I just bought a VIA 6421L PCI card and it worked great.

Edited by SpankIt, 21 January 2007 - 08:24 PM.

#568 ps2martin

ps2martin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:28 AM

Hello,

If I want to flash an older drive then 0078 with this tool, lets say a 0046, how do I use this tool on it? Can I use it to dump the original firmware, copy the key from that original, than open 46_16S.BIN from the FWPACK, paste this new key to it, and then reflash it like on a 0078? Is that a correct conclusion? And if so, should I then still use the internal flasher, or choose another flasher from the availeble list? (I believe you can also choose 46FLASH as a flashing protocol)

Thanks in advance,

martin

p.s. My previous post was kind of lame, turns out the AV cable wasnt properly connected... Thats what you get if you dont own an xbox yourself wink.gif

#569 garyopa

garyopa

X-S Genius

• Admin
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Embedded Hardware and Firmware
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(ps2martin @ Jan 23 2007, 01:35 AM) View Post

If I want to flash an older drive then 0078 with this tool, lets say a 0046, how do I use this tool on it? Can I use it to dump the original firmware, copy the key from that original, than open 46_16S.BIN from the FWPACK, paste this new key to it, and then reflash it like on a 0078? Is that a correct conclusion? And if so, should I then still use the internal flasher, or choose another flasher from the availeble list? (I believe you can also choose 46FLASH as a flashing protocol)

You got it all correct.

Two notes:

1: If you using the internal flasher, you need a original game in the drive to be able to complete the flashing.

2: On some window setups it will crash with an error if selecting 46FLASH, in those cases just use "internal".

#570 ps2martin

ps2martin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

thanks for your reply garyopa wink.gif

So the best thing to do is just use the internal flasher I'd say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users